Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tidus09
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb
Hello!
After my first game, I have some questions, pleasr help!
1. Example: when I try to exorcise 2 ghosts (1 has 1 red resistance and other has 2 red resistances). Circle off Prayer has 1 Red tao token on it. How many red face of Tao dice I have to roll to exorcise these ghosts?

2. After exorcising 2 ghosts, I have to resolve their curse and rewards. In 2 examples below, which right?
Ex 1: I resolve the curse of ghost 1, and gain its rewards, after that, I resolve the same with another ghost
Or
Ex 2: I resolve the curse of both ghost, and after that gain their rewards

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko J
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
tidus09 wrote:
1. Example: when I try to exorcise 2 ghosts (1 has 1 red resistance and other has 2 red resistances). Circle off Prayer has 1 Red tao token on it. How many red face of Tao dice I have to roll to exorcise these ghosts?

Each 'hit' is assigned to a specific ghost. Therefore you'd need two hits on the dice for a total of 3 to match the ghosts' health to have enough damage to exorcise both ghosts. If you have only enough hits to kill one or the other, you can freely choose.
I'm an idiot. What the other guy said: circle of prayer affects all ghosts of the appropriate colour. So both ghosts are down by 1, meaning one is at 0-health (still needs an exorcism action) so you only need to roll one red to exorcise both.

Also keep in mind that spending tao tokens is voluntary, but you must always assign hits from dice (rulebook pg.6).

tidus09 wrote:
2. After exorcising 2 ghosts, I have to resolve their curse and rewards. In 2 examples below, which right?
Ex 1: I resolve the curse of ghost 1, and gain its rewards, after that, I resolve the same with another ghost
Or
Ex 2: I resolve the curse of both ghost, and after that gain their rewards

You resolve ghosts in the order of your choice, but if there's both curse and a reward on the same ghost you resolve them left to right.
Correction: Curses are always applied before rewards (pg.6).

Although without looking I'm fairly certain curses are always shown left of the rewards. No matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Montoya
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. In your example, you just need one red die result (or having a red tao token) to exorcise both ghosts. The circle of prayer weakens all ghosts of that color by one tao, so the 2-strength ghost becomes effectively a 1, and the 1-strength ghost is reduced to zero. In those cases the ghost is automatically exorcised no matter what you roll, but you still need to perform the exorcism action.

2. Curse and reward of first ghost and then curse and reward of the second, but I'm not sure if you can decide which one goes first or if you have to resolve them in turn order (I lean towards you deciding). The thing to keep in mind is that both exorcisms are considered to have taken place at the same time, so you cannot use the reward from the first ghost (i.e. a tao token) to pay for the second exorcism. You are required to roll enough pips and/or have enough tokens for both ghosts at the moment you do the action (or else you can only exorcise one of them, but not the other).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coniff
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mearendil wrote:

2. Curse and reward of first ghost and then curse and reward of the second, but I'm not sure if you can decide which one goes first or if you have to resolve them in turn order. The thing to keep in mind is that both exorcisms are considered to have taken place at the same time, so you cannot use the reward from the first ghost (i.e. a tao token) to pay for the second one. You are required to roll enough pips and/or have enough tokens for both ghosts (or else you can only exorcise one of them, but not the other).

They essentially are exorcised at the same time. Thus example 2 is correct.

If they both have you role the curse die then you'd obviously do one at a time, but the order in which you role doesn't matter as the reward only affects the current player and the monk that exorcised to get the reward.

If you role a cursed die and get a yin-yang as the two rewards, you essentially do them at the same time and then could, in theory, use your yin-yang to counter the effect of the cursed die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko J
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
WisdomForWizards wrote:

If you role a cursed die and get a yin-yang as the two rewards, you essentially do them at the same time and then could, in theory, use your yin-yang to counter the effect of the cursed die.

You could still lose your game to that since curse gets applied first. If that happens to be your third tile that gets flipped it's game over even though you might've gotten a ying-yang right after.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tidus09
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb
Thank a lot, I got it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.