Joel Carr
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok I was fine until I hit this stage.

Just to clarify:

Highest fighter effectiveness rolls on the initial contracts column, then removes 'contracts' e.g. shifts the contracts remaining to the appropriate amount/column based on what is leftover(limited by factories). Next highest fighter effectiveness rolls and follows same procedure... and so on.

eventually contracts run out(or not based on roll?).

the + X modifier at the bottom of the column is the contracts received if your roll is higher than a 6 due to DRM etc...

cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
B Wumpus wrote:

Just to clarify:

Highest fighter effectiveness rolls on the initial contracts column, then removes 'contracts' e.g. shifts the contracts remaining to the appropriate amount/column based on what is leftover(limited by factories). Next highest fighter effectiveness rolls and follows same procedure... and so on.

eventually contracts run out(or not based on roll?).

the + X modifier at the bottom of the column is the contracts received if your roll is higher than a 6 due to DRM etc...

cheers!

Correct.
Leftovers are btw counted against next round of avail contract. If it is 1 contract left from this round, and increase contract is +3, then the increase will be only 2.

Modifiers are from political influence (+1). If you roll 6, then use lower column.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
B Wumpus wrote:

Just to clarify:

cheers!

The + X value at the bottom of the column is for the solitaire game that is for calculating how many new factories the NPC will build during their Action for Build.

As far as I know it has nothing to do with contracts. The ones available are the only ones available except when you get a bonus for certain conditions regarding Bomber status and Recon status. I did not see anywhere that it is a DRM if you rolled a 6. But, course, I could have missed that rule as I have only been playing it for a week now.

Cheers,
Tim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phytoman wrote:
B Wumpus wrote:

Just to clarify:

cheers!

The + X value at the bottom of the column is for the solitaire game that is for calculating how many new factories the NPC will build during their Action for Build.

As far as I know it has nothing to do with contracts. The ones available are the only ones available except when you get a bonus for certain conditions regarding Bomber status and Recon status. I did not see anywhere that it is a DRM if you rolled a 6. But, course, I could have missed that rule as I have only been playing it for a week now.

Cheers,
Tim

Of course - Tim, that make sense as I have not tried solitaire, or read those rules. It was a more or less a qualified assumption when I rolled a 6 with political influence, and not double check the rules. - And later it was stuck in brain as an official rule...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eker wrote:
Phytoman wrote:
B Wumpus wrote:

Just to clarify:

cheers!

Cheers,
Tim

Of course - Tim, that make sense as I have not tried solitaire, or read those rules. It was a more or less a qualified assumption when I rolled a 6 with political influence, and not double check the rules. - And later it was stuck in brain as an official rule...

The political influence shifts the column one to the right and is +1 DRM when determining how many contracts you get. Of course, you still can only have as many as factories you have and also never award more than the contracts available.

I know how is it though when you get what you thought was a rule in your head and then that is how I gets played.

I'm really enjoying this game a lot though and am really looking forward to playing it with other players and not just solitaire. I've read that it is even a better game that way.

Cheers,
Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all. It helps. This was the only part I had questions on, an example in the rule book would have been great. It is a fantastic game. Given the right crowd it will be a blast to play. some fickleness with dice...and some gang up against leader warranted at times but overall excellent. inflation is killer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.