$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
45.6% of Goal | left

Support:

Daniel Bishop
United States
California
flag msg tools

Good afternoon folks,

Attached is the first draft of my card game rules, if you have time please take a look and be brutal. It is pretty minimalist so let me know what areas need further explanation or illustrations to support the rules.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0h7VlF5NO13a2E1MVpYalp6UU...

Concept:
You and your opponent are necromancers who summon undead minions to defeat your opponent.

Summary:
It is a halfway point between Pokemon Cards and MtG. Imagine Pokemon cards but with no prize cards, no bench, no trainer cards, no item cards, and you may have three minions out at any time instead of just one.

In addition, like MtG you have a pool of energy cards instead of attaching them to the minions, and like MtG the players have a life-total that you are trying to reduce to zero to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, some thoughts:

This is not a Deck / Pool Building game, so it's confusing to call it that.

Are you sure that Magic's mana model is the way to go?

I suggest that you bump the starting hand sizes to 7/6 but make drawing a card the last thing you do on your turn.

Ascension seems potentially pretty cool, although it could easily be frustrating if you don't draw the right cards.

Boo, coin flips!

Boo, having to track damage on your minions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Bishop
United States
California
flag msg tools

Thank you for taking the time to look at it. I apologize I meant to introduce it as a Deck Construction Game. The player will have access to 72 cards and will make a deck of 18 from them (not including Energy Cards or "Mana").

I was actually attempting to emulate MtG's Mana model, so I will have to go back and look at the description to make sure it is accurate. Thank you for the suggestion about hand size.

I know I hate flipping coins too, but the player can do anything to replace the 50/50 chance like rolling a die or whatever they prefer. I might include some custom dice to replace the mechanic.

I thought tracking damage might be acceptable if the players only have a maximum of three minions at any one time (instead of limitless like MtG), I might reduce the life points to make this easier though.

Thank you again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.