5 Posts

Coup: Jester and Bureaucrat Promos» Forums » Rules

Subject: Jester Clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Chan
msg tools
On the card it says:

Disorder: Take 1 card from court deck and target. Return 1 card to court deck and target.

Blocks Disorder
Blocks Stealing

If someone blocks, do they block the entire action? Meaning the person can no longer take a card from the court deck? This appears to be the case the the Action is 'Disorder' and the counteraction is 'Blocks Disorder'

I ask because in Coup G54 there is a similar card called the Producer. Only it's unclear if you block the whole action or just stop the other person from looking at one of your cards, meaning they can still exchange with the court deck.

I assume that the intent was for this to be the same as the Producer. Just as the Bureaucrat is the same as the Farmer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Metz
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're blocking the whole action. There's no partial actions in any of the games the effect either happens or it doesn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
2010 Releases ........................................ The Resistance, Haggis & Triumvirate ..................................... Now accepting submissions for 2011 releases ........................................ www.IndieBoardsandCards.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The block prevents the Jester from taking card from player. The Jester still gets to complete the rest of the action (take one card from court deck, put one card back to the court deck).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Chan
msg tools
T Worthington wrote:
The block prevents the Jester from taking card from player. The Jester still gets to complete the rest of the action (take one card from court deck, put one card back to the court deck).

Thanks Travis. Looks like other players are also unclear on the rules involving the Jester/Producer. So it's good to get it cleared up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Chan
msg tools
robc186 wrote:
T Worthington wrote:

Thanks Travis. Looks like other players are also unclear on the rules involving the Jester/Producer. So it's good to get it cleared up.

Hey Travis,

Just realized that this card creates an unusual situation.

If I have 2 cards & claim Jester and try to take a card from player B. Player B claims Jester. I challenge his Jester and lose. I would then lose a card, but would still be able to exchange my last card with the court deck because player B never challenged my Jester. Is this right? It's kind of weird that you would still complete your action even after losing a challenge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.