12 Realms» Forums » Rules

Subject: Poison ability, Adjacent areas, Hero card sides, Dark player rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dizdi
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1)The new invader's poison power (from Ancestor's Legacy) makes you lose red talent tokens. Can you choose to lose exploited tokens or only ready ones? Also, how many talents do you lose, equal to the number of drops present on the invader card (for example Gorgon = 2)?

2)Which areas in each realm are considered adjacent? Do diagonaly connected areas count as adjacent (like in the Olympia realm)?

3) Which side of the Hero boards should we use? Does one or the other makes for a more difficult/easy game? Is it mandatory for each player to use the same side, either all with special abilities or only talents, for a balanced game?

4) When the Dark Player uses a card that says to exploit one random talent of a Hero does the Dark player chooses which one (per the new rules for Curse, Sorcery etc. where you choose, not roll) or rolls the talent die?
Also, does the Dark player has a hand of cards to manage or does he immediately uses the cards he draws?

5) I know that it was explained before but can you please help with how to resolve the Changeling power of Dark Lords and Invaders?

Thank you again! This game with some expansions is difficult and challenging!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MAGE Company
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
noom777 wrote:
1)The new invader's poison power (from Ancestor's Legacy) makes you lose red talent tokens. Can you choose to lose exploited tokens or only ready ones? Also, how much talents you lose, equal to the number of drops present on the invader card (for example Gorgon = 2)? This one is written in the rules and you are correct, yes you lose as many equal to the number of drop on the invader card. You lose red talents from your hero's board. It does not matter if it was exploited or not. That poison token seals a red token place.

2)Which areas in each realm are considered adjacent? Do diagonaly connected areas count as adjacent (like in the Olympia realm)? Each realm has 6 areas and the town. All areas are separated throught borders so you see clearly what is adjacent. Example: Olympia: Area 1. The adjucent areas are V, II, III. No the diagonal is not considered adjucent.

3) Which side of the Hero boards should we use? Anyone you want
Does one or the other makes for a more difficult/easy game? Yes since each side has its own talents.
Is it mandatory for each player to use the same side, either all with special abilities or only talents, for a balanced game? What is recommended is this: the player to choose sides with different Talents so all together you can have a big variety of talents and at least one player to choose a hero with gold talent.

4) When the Dark Player uses a card that says to exploit one random talent of a Hero does the Dark player chooses which one (per the new rules for Curse, Sorcery etc. where you choose, not roll) or rolls the talent die?
Base game rules, page 10. When you see the word random, then the player uses the talent or the area die depending the case. Here you roll the talent die.

Also, does the Dark player has a hand of cards to manage or does he immediately uses the cards he draws? His rules are explained in the base rulebook. He draws cards from his deck and choose which cards to trigger.

5) I know that it was explained before but can you please help with how to resolve the Changeling power of Dark Lords and Invaders? You roll the talent die in order to determing what talents this monster/boss needs to be defeated.

Thank you again! This game with some expansions is difficult and challenging!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dizdi
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
3)In a 4 player game is it possible for 2 characters to play with the talent side and the other 2 with the special ability side of the character? I ask this in terms of balance. If we want a more difficult mode which side should we use, from your playtesting experience?

4) So,the Dark Player according to the rulebook (page 12) :"He draws 3 cards per round, selects 2 to activate, and then places the rest back into the Event Deck" It doesn't mentions that he has the ability to keep any cards, right?

5)I attack an invader with the changeling 3 ability. I roll the die 3 times to determine his weaknesses. I roll 2 magic and 1 sword. I only have one sword on my character from the talents that I need. What happens next?

Thank you for the quick answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MAGE Company
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
noom777 wrote:
3)In a 4 player game is it possible for 2 characters to play with the talent side and the other 2 with the special ability side of the character? Yes is possible.

I ask this in terms of balance. If we want a more difficult mode which side should we use, from your playtesting experience?
a) playing plots is good a player to have gold talent so to purchase cards and b) 2 to share different talents, and c) 1 player to travel from realm to realm (ability)

4) So,the Dark Player according to the rulebook (page 12) :"He draws 3 cards per round, selects 2 to activate, and then places the rest back into the Event Deck" It doesn't mentions that he has the ability to keep any cards, right? No he has not.

5)I attack an invader with the changeling 3 ability. I roll the die 3 times to determine his weaknesses. I roll 2 magic and 1 sword. I only have one sword on my character from the talents that I need. What happens next? Nothing. If you don't have all the attack is canceled, and you can't attack it again at the same round.

Thank you for the quick answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.