Subject: Regrouping rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oliver Salten
msg tools
Hey there,

I have a Question regarding regrouping.
Is it right, that I am only be able to regroup
my troops from ONE point to ONE other point just ONCE?

I don`t know but I thought that in the classic
Risk Game the ruling was different.

Thanks for your help!

Kind Regards,
Gorger85
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Humpert
United States
Dillsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you got it. You take as many troops as you want from one territory, leaving at least one troop behind, and can move the entire group through as many of your own territories as you want, stopping in one of your own territories, doing so only once.

And yes, this is the same procedure allowed in classic Risk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Weddle
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might have played with a house rule I did and still prefer. At the end of your turn each army can move one adjacent space, as long as one is still left in the territory, like you would expect a real army to do. Each cube can only move once, so you have to be careful you move in territory order. However, you will get a system & believe me, the other players will be watching you move your armies carefully.

The front lines all move rather than having a group of troop sitting in the middle of nowhere or taking your one movement for your turn to move them to one other space. You could attack on multiple fronts and send reinforcements to both. I felt it created the ability for people to move past choke points on the board and push farther into other territories, but not punish them by trapping armies or having to leave a bunch of troops in a territory you take, before pressing on. I play by both rules, depending on who is playing.

HOWEVER, for Risk Legacy we play by the printed rules, one territory to one other territory as stated above, which makes the game more enjoyable since this is different than the world domination game of risk I was use to. There are also some other reasons (no spoiler) to make sure you follow all of the rules...and the missing rules you will implement throughout the game's campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.