$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 58.01

4,198 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
26.5% of Goal | 29 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Verminous LT Agent rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fox Reinard
msg tools
The Verminous Agent (Edit: also Queen Ariad) cards include one and two green dice on his attacks.

While I own box expansions that include green dice, one can easily buy the Verminous LT pack without having such expansions.

In that event, would one replace green dice with yellow? How would you approach this if you had no green dice?

The reason I ask is because I want to be able to play the game with just the core rules plus a plot deck.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Bush
United States
West Decatur
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
At all cost
badge
"Some fights will just get you bloody"
mbmbmbmbmb
Buy the extra dice pack.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fox Reinard
msg tools
That would be an answer to "Help, I got this lieutenant pack that calls for dice I don't own!" Not quite what I was asking, but thank you for your reply.

Also the extra dice pack that I have seen does not contain green dice.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bucho Bucho
msg tools
mb
DanielFirestorm wrote:
Buy the extra dice pack.


There aren't green dice in the dice pack.

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/ffgdj08.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwoP...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thiago k
msg tools
The agent cards (the ones that come in the plot decks) for these Lieutenants use only the dices from the core box. These packs are designed to use in all campaigns, and because these and for some gameplay reasons, these cards have some changes compared to the original lieutenants cards (example, agent cards dont have attributes stats).

If you use the plot deck card that summons agent from the specific plot deck, you need use the dices listed on the agent card, and not the dices listed on the lieutenant card.

The agent Verminous card uses only the blue and yellow dices and the Queen Ariad agent card uses a blue and yellow dice in act I and the blue, red and yellow dices on act II card.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof RabidBlackDog
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thiago nailed it, but in case of any other scenario, if you own a Android device download an app called Dicent. This is basicly a dice roller for Descent 2ed and has all the dice.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fox Reinard
msg tools
kraisto wrote:
The agent cards (the ones that come in the plot decks) for these Lieutenants use only the dices from the core box. These packs are designed to use in all campaigns, and because these and for some gameplay reasons, these cards have some changes compared to the original lieutenants cards (example, agent cards dont have attributes stats).

The agent Verminous card uses only the blue and yellow dices and the Queen Ariad agent card uses a blue and yellow dice in act I and the blue, red and yellow dices on act II card.


Thank you for pointing this out. I presently have the Queen Ariad LT pack in my possession and in my very much sleep-deprived state I thought I saw green dice on the vassal image when I checked after seeing Verminous's card images. I was wrong. I have summoned the Verminous pack and await its arrival. I used the Vassal cards for reference and his Agent cards appear to have been modified there to use green dice.

(https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/21389488/18Cn-w...) Act 1

(https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/21389480/b1lCDQ...) Act 2

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thiago k
msg tools
foxreinard wrote:
kraisto wrote:
The agent cards (the ones that come in the plot decks) for these Lieutenants use only the dices from the core box. These packs are designed to use in all campaigns, and because these and for some gameplay reasons, these cards have some changes compared to the original lieutenants cards (example, agent cards dont have attributes stats).

The agent Verminous card uses only the blue and yellow dices and the Queen Ariad agent card uses a blue and yellow dice in act I and the blue, red and yellow dices on act II card.


Thank you for pointing this out. I presently have the Queen Ariad LT pack in my possession and in my very much sleep-deprived state I thought I saw green dice on the vassal image when I checked after seeing Verminous's card images. I was wrong. I have summoned the Verminous pack and await its arrival. I used the Vassal cards for reference and his Agent cards appear to have been modified there to use green dice.

(https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/21389488/18Cn-w...) Act 1

(https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/21389480/b1lCDQ...) Act 2




Edit. They are modified and not the originals. Blame Vassal here
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fox Reinard
msg tools
Lieutenant cards without Attributes? Did they decide he didn't need those?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thiago k
msg tools
foxreinard wrote:
Lieutenant cards without Attributes? Did they decide he didn't need those?


I see the mistake here. These are not correct. The originals has attributes. Modified my response or this topic will be a mess
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.