$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 130.92

7,699 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
48.5% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

MBT (second edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: FYI Rule 6.5.2.2.1 Track Hits incomplete rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Calkins
United States
Elkton
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb
I am returning to MBT after 30+ years and never played Panzer. I spent about 30 minutes trying to figure out the effects of Track Hits on pg25 Advanced MBT, until I cross referenced it with the 2nd edition Panzer rules on pg39 and noticed a block of text is missing from the MBT rulebook.

The following is missing from the MBT rules but present in the Panzer Rules:

"A vehicle with a Track Hit may not move or pivot for the remainder of the scenario including the Move portion of any command not yet executed. If the vehicle is currently moving, it immediately stops and may not change its facing. It is also subject to Bailing Out.

Any combat not yet resolved still treats the vehicle as if it is moving."
13 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
+++++[>+++++++++++++.>++++++++++[>++++++++++++++++++.--------.---.+++++++++++++++++.---.-.
mb
Does GMT proofread? I run across this sort of thing all the time with them, even in well established rulesets like this one, or in repackaging of flawless rulesets like those for Napoleonic 20. It's the reason I hesitate to buy games from them.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Muzzlehead wrote:
I am returning to MBT after 30+ years and never played Panzer. I spent about 30 minutes trying to figure out the effects of Track Hits on pg25 Advanced MBT, until I cross referenced it with the 2nd edition Panzer rules on pg39 and noticed a block of text is missing from the MBT rulebook.

The following is missing from the MBT rules but present in the Panzer Rules:

"A vehicle with a Track Hit may not move or pivot for the remainder of the scenario including the Move portion of any command not yet executed. If the vehicle is currently moving, it immediately stops and may not change its facing. It is also subject to Bailing Out.

Any combat not yet resolved still treats the vehicle as if it is moving."


Doah...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Sola Ramos
Spain
Pilar de la Horadada
Alicante
flag msg tools
The Panzer Pusher gives you prestige!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It must have been an accidental drop out during the final rule book layout, because that part was present in the play test version.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
nice so what else is missing. Should we go thru it. That will make it a bitch for new players.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Murray
msg tools
Concur on the drop of the track hit rule section. But not really a problem, as we played it yesterday at our game club, and we applied what we knew from our plays of PANZER. I also remember that from my plays of other tactical armor games that had as much detail as MBT, had similar rules covering track hits. So, not a very large leap to make. It didn't interfere with the game play.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I find this as frustrating as anyone. The text was in the source document as Fernando mentioned. That is the source for layout. I've never experienced this problem in the past, even for missing a single word.

I need to go back to GMT to determine what happened. That may difficult at this point. More than likely it was a hiccup in the layout process.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
+++++[>+++++++++++++.>++++++++++[>++++++++++++++++++.--------.---.+++++++++++++++++.---.-.
mb
mongoose27 wrote:
I've never experienced this problem in the past...

Rules bungles are common with GMT games.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Xander62 wrote:
Concur on the drop of the track hit rule section. But not really a problem, as we played it yesterday at our game club, and we applied what we knew from our plays of PANZER. I also remember that from my plays of other tactical armor games that had as much detail as MBT, had similar rules covering track hits. So, not a very large leap to make. It didn't interfere with the game play.

OF course if you are a PAnzer player. Some of us are not I would hope Jim Day's universe of buyers is bigger than that. He likely wants it to be!
Glad you worked it out.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kracht
United States
Prospect
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldaron wrote:
Does GMT proofread? I run across this sort of thing all the time with them, even in well established rulesets like this one, or in repackaging of flawless rulesets like those for Napoleonic 20. It's the reason I hesitate to buy games from them.


Couldn't agree more!

GMT has got to raise its standards for copy editing and proof reading. It is simply inexcusable that they so consistently have these kind of errors in so many games, for which we all pay top dollar. I am publisher by profession, and understand the economics of short print run, high end products and believe me -- qualified free-lance proof readers are easily found and are not expensive.

Come on GMT!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
pkracht wrote:
Aldaron wrote:
Does GMT proofread? I run across this sort of thing all the time with them, even in well established rulesets like this one, or in repackaging of flawless rulesets like those for Napoleonic 20. It's the reason I hesitate to buy games from them.


Couldn't agree more!

GMT has got to raise its standards for copy editing and proof reading. It is simply inexcusable that they so consistently have these kind of errors in so many games, for which we all pay top dollar. I am publisher by profession, and understand the economics of short print run, high end products and believe me -- qualified free-lance proof readers are easily found and are not expensive.

Come on GMT!

2500 copies at 20-35 gross cost. Can we squeeze a few bucks or discount coupons for the proof reader?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.