Popular Tags: [View All]
CJ Calogero
United Kingdom
Walthamstow
Greater London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi there,

Just purchased a brand new copy online and the inlay arrived with a multitude of cuts and cracks all around the pack of cards! The plastic is very thin, the pack of cards very heavy, and by banging on the inlay during transport, it damaged it very badly. If you're thinking about buying this game, you should be aware of this problem before making a decision!

This game is expensive, the cardboard of the box is heavy and strong, the rest of the components look sturdy enough, so I'm extremely disappointed that the inlay is so flimsy and such poor quality. I usually don't care about inlays, but this one is specifically designed to store the game pieces and cards if you have to stop mid-game, and need to pack up to restart later. Thus this inlay being unusable is a big inconvenience.

As the outside of the box did not suffer any damage, and only the inlay was destroyed during transport, this is a design / manufacturing flaw, so I won't be able to get a replacement from the online shop where I bought it.

Any idea how to repair the plastic inlay? It's very thin, and it's slit and cracked in a multitude of places. I'm afraid if I try to remove it from the box, it'll just disintegrate in my hands... Is there some magical tape that can stick to plastic and hold the pieces together?

Any advice appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no need to repair the inlay, contact Asmodee for a new, redesigned, thicker one; the company is well aware of the issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walts
Scotland
Kilwinning
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mines was damaged as well ... put in for a parts request, came three
weeks later!

A lot thicker and firmer than the one in the bin! Great customer
service ... Walts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ Calogero
United Kingdom
Walthamstow
Greater London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Stephen and Walts, will do that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim D
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, contact them for a new insert. The new one has plastic that is slightly thicker, and the wells are actually deep enough for the components. New insert on the bottom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.