Subject: How and when to get UK version in Europe? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henrik Jakobsen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Hi All.
Searched the web and it seems you can now order a french version from:

http://www.philibertnet.com/en/asyncron/43169-mare-nostrum-v...

But does anyone know how and when you can order an English version of the game (and Atlas expansion) here in Europe?

I know there has been and probably still is a lot of problems with deliveries to Kickstarters

But imo the game looks so cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No UK backer has received their copy yet.

We'd have been a lot better off having them brought across the Atlantic from the US publisher by carrier pigeon than waiting for the French publisher to sort out supplies of the English language game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rush
United Kingdom
Port Talbot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EARLY DELIVERY

If you back us on Kickstarter, you will receive the game several weeks before the games arrive in any other retail outlets!

That's a quote from the Kickstarter page!

Actually your better off not kickstarting this campaign at all!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have any retail outlets had the game then? Because I reckon that we're still a few weeks away from getting our copies (unless you're French/German etc, or I gather ordered the extras, in which case it'll be months). Not really a model KS campaign, and it reminds me why I really ought to get over my occasional bout of FOMO and ignore KS altogether.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Germany
Burbach
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AFAIK only the french version is available in retail (Philibert) atm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rush
United Kingdom
Port Talbot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't really matter what version is available , it's the fact that the above quote is a complete lie and that half the backers don't have a copy of the game.
Most of us have no idea when we will because they refuse to update us with any information.....
Last offical update on the Kickstarter page is July 5th....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Jakobsen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Ouch, did not know it was that bad
Guess I will just have to wait, and see what and when something happens.
X's fingers for all you Backer's which I missed out on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rush
United Kingdom
Port Talbot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah sorry for rant but it's so frustrating , if they would just keep us in the loop with what's going on, it would solve halve the problems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would not be surprised, if you were one of the first to receive it, Henrik... Even if you ordered it retail.

There was a time when I was really happy, I decided to back the English version instead of the German. But now it really does not matter anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Jakobsen
Denmark
flag msg tools
As I hope the game is as good as it looks, I can't wait.
Hence I mailed Boutique Philibert, and got the following reply which does'nt say much ;(

Hello,

Yes this game is only in French, but Mare Nostrum Empires should be available soon and it's a multilanguage edition :

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/617871702/mare-nostrum-...

However we don't know exactly when it will be available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgang Kunz
Germany
Netphen
flag msg tools
I'm German. That's what we do...
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
when you can order an English version of the game (and Atlas expansion) here in Europe?

English version of the game available in assorted German FLGS on Wed. 3rd of Aug.

Sorry if that raises some blood pressure in some of you backers - I backed the game also and assume it will arrive when I'm on vacation and send back because "unable to deliver". That's life...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rush
United Kingdom
Port Talbot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jace_Ace wrote:
EARLY DELIVERY

If you back us on Kickstarter, you will receive the game several weeks before after the games arrive in any other retail outlets!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alphawolf wrote:

Sorry if that raises some blood pressure in some of you backers - I backed the game also and assume it will arrive when I'm on vacation and send back because "unable to deliver". That's life...

I will also be on holiday for the next two weeks, but I have as much confidence in their inability to deliver for the next 14 days as I had in their inability to deliver for the last 9 months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rush
United Kingdom
Port Talbot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At least you'll be able to find The Academy Games booth easily in Essen this year....
Just head for the Angry Mob!!!angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.