Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. When moving, can you simply match up any icon on the cards or do you have to check FIRST for terrain, and then, if not, you can check others?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no reason not to check terrain first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Marsh
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shadow9d9 wrote:
1. When moving, can you simply match up any icon on the cards or do you have to check FIRST for terrain, and then, if not, you can check others?

i'm not entirely sure what you mean or why it would matter but when moving you look for a match for the space you are moving to. a match is either an icon that matches the terrain or an icon that matches the continent you are on. typically it's more efficient to match terrain first and then use the continent in the event you don't have the terrain but I think you can use them in any order that you want. that said using a continent symbol when you don't have to is rarely the right play but there may be some edge cases involve migration where you'd want to do this.

ultimately i believe it's up to you to use the symbols as you wish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
colinmarsh wrote:
...there may be some edge cases involve migration where you'd want to do this.

Nope, I can't see it. If you're migrating at the end of your turn, the symbols of the continent you are on now can only be used for movement so there's no benefit in saving them for migration. The symbols of the continent you're moving to are useless to you until you migrate at which point your turn is over.

If you migrate at the beginning of your turn, then there is no benefit to using continent symbols over terrain symbols for movement.

Using a continent symbol over an available terrain symbol is never a better play, only equivalent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.