Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Hi all,

I've read through the official FAQ and searched through the forums here, but maybe I missed something. I have a quick question about rescued rebel leaders and timing.

The Rebel base is still hidden. The Imperial player has captured a Rebel leader. The Rebel leader is then rescued either by the Rebel player or by the Imperial player capturing a different leader. The Rebel leader is returned to the Rebel base. The Rebel player activates a system adjacent to the hidden rebel base and wants to move units from the Rebel base onto the activated system but doing so would break the rule on moving units out of a system with a leader.

Can the Rebel player move units from the Rebel Base onto an adjacent activated system in the same round that a rebel leader was rescued?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Not if the leader is rescued first. He would then be in the base space and prevent units from moving out of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Craig
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After the leader is rescued, you can not move units out of the rebel base as you have a leader with the units. There are cards that have explicit exceptions to this rule though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that's a problem. Timing issues can be critically important in this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Interesting! That's good to know - the Imperial player can take advantage of this when they see that the Rebel player has a number of units stuck in their base.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
firearmed wrote:
Interesting! That's good to know - the Imperial player can take advantage of this when they see that the Rebel player has a number of units stuck in their base.

Both sides can take lots of advantage from this rule, but it tends to favor the rebels because they act first in command phase. Attempt a mission first thing (for me it's almost always sabotage) in a system containing units that you think they plan to move and make them choose between opposing it and pinning those units in place or letting the mission succeeds automatically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
As an aside, an interesting side effect of capturing a leader is that any Rebel units in the system become unlocked and can move. As long as that was the only Rebel leader in that system.

That situation probably won't happen often and you can't really depend on it happening but it is something to keep in mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually really like the theming on this interaction. "We can't move the base. Our people who escaped won't know our new location to escape to. And if we mobilize our fleet then the agents pursuing the escaped operatives might notice our location. Best lay low till they arrive."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
David Umstattd wrote:
I actually really like the theming on this interaction. "We can't move the base. Our people who escaped won't know our new location to escape to. And if we mobilize our fleet then the agents pursuing the escaped operatives might notice our location. Best lay low till they arrive."

Well, the latter bit fits with the mechanics, but you can still move the base itself after rescuing a leader.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.