Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Infi
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
In many other forums when I create a thread I get automatically subscribed to it. When I create a thread in BGG I need to subscribe to it manually and if I forget to do it I am left with no notifications of new posts on my thread. Is it possible to add such functionality that a user posting a new thread gets automatically subscribed to it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
infi01 wrote:
In many other forums when I create a thread I get automatically subscribed to it. When I create a thread in BGG I need to subscribe to it manually and if I forget to do it I am left with no notifications of new posts on my thread. Is it possible to add such functionality that a user posting a new thread gets automatically subscribed to it?

Go to your subscription preferences and you can select this option.

Edit: This ought to be moved to Help & How To
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just fix your default: (same on all *geek domains)
https://boardgamegeek.com/subscriptions/prefs
https://videogamegeek.com/subscriptions/prefs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Infi
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you for the suggestion. I looked it up and it seems the setting that manages it is "Subscribe by default when I post or reply to.. - Threads". However, with this setting I'd be automatically subscribed not only when I create a thread but also whenever I respond to a thread. Am I correct and if yes, is it possible to separate this setting into two?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
infi01 wrote:
Thank you for the suggestion. I looked it up and it seems the setting that manages it is "Subscribe by default when I post or reply to.. - Threads". However, with this setting I'd be automatically subscribed not only when I create a thread but also whenever I respond to a thread. Am I correct and if yes, is it possible to separate this setting into two?

If you look further down that page you should see special subscriptions. I think what you want is to set "Replies" to Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WOW! I have always wondering why this isn't automatic. I have been using BGG for about 10 years and I finally figure it out...so I am not subscribing to this manually...let's see if it works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Infi
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks all. I actually used the setting: "Subscribe by default when I post or reply to" because I like to subscribe to threads I create and, more often than not, to threads where I post. The "special subscription" option sounds interesting but I don't like the fact the threads subscribed this way would be hidden in the "manage subscription" page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.