Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike M
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a 6-player group of gamer friends, but on any given week, due to work, family, and other conflicts, we rarely have every player present.

Will it be okay to have a rotating roster of 5 players out of the 6 (assuming one player misses each game night), or would it be a better experience for everyone if we figured out which 5 could fully commit to a regular game and leave the 6th guy out of the campaign entirely?

I have played a previous copy of the game only 5 times, and a total of 7 different people participated across those games. Decided to buy a new copy since two of those people, who were in almost every game, are out of the picture now (ex gf and her buddy).

I want to really do it right this time - any advice from those who have finished a campaign or played with a rotating group? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on who you'll have missing most often. If there's a specific player who will be missing more than the others then leaving them out might be good, but if everyone can be there about the same amount of time.... maybe just rotate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
59 4 76(!!) 14 7 52
badge
mbmbmb
When my youth group was playing this, we went with "most recent winner sits" in the cases where all 6 regulars were present. Seemed a good way to spread out the experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Yes, that's a Japanese CTR ring shield cut in half...
mbmbmbmbmb
I created a 6th faction with risk pieces to have handy just in case. For faction bonus stickers, we let the 6th faction pick an advantage sticker from the leftover power the other 5 didn't pick. We played with whoever came, no one had to sit out.
If you're willing to be flexible, everyone can play on the occasion that you have all 6, and in my mind, it has little or no impact on the fun/flow/rules of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Easton
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In our group of 6 two people were entirely comfortable with taking control of one faction together in 5 player games (playing and making decissions together as a team, as if they were the same player).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Klure
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ninjabob wrote:
I created a 6th faction with risk pieces to have handy just in case. For faction bonus stickers, we let the 6th faction pick an advantage sticker from the leftover power the other 5 didn't pick. We played with whoever came, no one had to sit out.
If you're willing to be flexible, everyone can play on the occasion that you have all 6, and in my mind, it has little or no impact on the fun/flow/rules of the game.

Hey, pretty good reason to Keep some of those un-used Come back Powers...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.