Imperial Settlers» Forums » Rules

Subject: Do you score points for remaining foundations rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Giant Mustache
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When an opponent has razed one of your buildings, it stays in play as a foundation. I was wondering, if I don't hand it in for a new building, does it still score me a victory point at the end of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. foundations are worth 0 points.

You can tell how many points a building is worth by the number of stars on the middle right hand side of the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giant Mustache
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply. It seems a bit confusing from the rules for me, because a foundation is still a location. And the rules say that you get a VP for every location.

But I'll stick to the rule as you state. That seems more logical to me as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
giantmustache wrote:
Thanks for the reply. It seems a bit confusing from the rules for me, because a foundation is still a location. And the rules say that you get a VP for every location.

technically, isn't that correct?

You get VP as listed on the card for every location.

And foundations don't have VP listed.

Hence, you don't get VP for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Vandenberg
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
giantmustache wrote:

I don't know if this is a rule in the rulebook but when I get a building razed, I flip it over to turn it into a foundation. Now you no longer see any stars so it would make sense that it's not worth any VP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
giantmustache wrote:

(emphasis mine)

wow Where, in the rulebook is stated that a Foundation is still a Location?
I think you over-read it a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giant Mustache
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I did. Counting the stars seems the most logical thing to do. Thanks for the replies everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glikwizz the tinkerer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Here, I think, the confusion comes from. On page 3 in the sidebar box "Goods And Icons In The Game" at the bottom under Other Icons it shows a house icon that is labeled "Location". A COMMON card that has been raised and turned over presents this icon. On page 7 in section Game End it states each COMMON location is worth 1 VP, soooo, it is reasonable to infer that a Foundation can give 1 VP in final scoring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz Wachowski
Poland
Rudnik nad Sanem (podkarpackie)
podkarpackie
flag msg tools
No, it can't. It's only marked that this card can be treat as a foundation. You have "Goods and icons". We can treat the House icon as a Goood icon, but in fact it's only marked as a location. Look at cards. Many of them have a House icon when they say about locations, but when the card says about Foundation, it has no icon, just a full name.

Additionalyy it would be unlogical, to score for basicly nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Person
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't have any of the expansions so I'm not sure if there is an as yet unknown to me mechanic I haven't encountered, but what is the point of creating foundations given all of the above? Couldn't you just as easily just discard the location when it is razed and have the involved players gain the appropriate resources (wood for player a and x for player b)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Morier
Canada
Beloeil
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alephhat wrote:
I don't have any of the expansions so I'm not sure if there is an as yet unknown to me mechanic I haven't encountered, but what is the point of creating foundations given all of the above? Couldn't you just as easily just discard the location when it is razed and have the involved players gain the appropriate resources (wood for player a and x for player b)?

The location can be discard when building a Faction card that requires a fondation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.