Subject: Myth Mini Bosses rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What mini bosses go with the various factions?

Here are the ones I know about:
Keesi & Og (probably Rat faction)
Razorfiend
Yardu (probably undead faction)
X-3ONE (Robot)
Twilight Knight (Kingdom Death)
Conner (dog)
Etrus (Minotaur)
Urulok (Dragon)

Agents (equivalent of Mini Bosses)
Donnchadh
Inquisitor Alger

So what do you use if a mini boss shows up for the insects, the orcs, the elementals, and the cyclopses?

Or do you just pick a mini boss or agent of your choice regardless of faction?

And then how powerful should you be before you try to take on a mini boss or a boss, and what is the order of difficulty for the mini bosses, agents, and bosses? I'm trying to figure what to pop up on the eventual darkness card that spawns a mini boss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
A little self promotion, but I created a spreadsheet to help answer some of your questions. It's in the files section. Here's (hopefully) a link:

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/122149/myth-monster-list

Myth Monster List

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
carbon_dragon wrote:

So what do you use if a mini boss shows up for the insects, the orcs, the elementals, and the cyclopses?

Or do you just pick a mini boss or agent of your choice regardless of faction?

And then how powerful should you be before you try to take on a mini boss or a boss, and what is the order of difficulty for the mini bosses, agents, and bosses? I'm trying to figure what to pop up on the eventual darkness card that spawns a mini boss.

You can pick any mini boss you wish, but my point in creating my spreadsheet was to fuel a random generator. Others have taken this same approach and already created something that works (again, check the files section) but without the "lore".

I want to weight the encounters with the world map and back story of the factions, but won't know all that "history" until the Journeyman stuff arrives. I then would also tie that to suggested tiles, which is also why I was involved in numbering/naming all the tiles to date.

Back to your original questions, as for difficulty, I may add that to the monster file, but relatively speaking, mini bosses are like fighting two captains at once. If you're struggling to fight off captains, you'll have a real battle with mini bosses. I also feel it depends on your party, but my recommendation is to not go into a mini boss (or boss) battle without everyone in your party wielding a green item (or two).

I have not yet fought the dragon or robot, but have faced Yardu enough times to know he's harder then the one time (each) I battled Keesi & Og, Connor and Etrus. The Razorfeind is probably next in line. And then the Twilight Knight. But again, the party and items play heavily in whether you'll be successful or not (I mix and match a lot, and don't play with a regular set of characters).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.