Popular Tags: [View All]
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Solo mode is popular on BGG, and while WD:NS plays solo, they're offering a scenario thematically designed around solo play. It can still support up to 4 players. I've seen coop games and scenarios that are solo-able, but it's rare that I see a scenario originally designed for one player. Plus MOAR TILEZ for the gamers who like that sort of thing. I figure it's exclusive because the Morgan miniature is, as well.

Quote:
The Scenario begins with Rick regaining consciousness in the hospital and quickly trying to escape with his limited Survivor Deck, which contains 10 “Wounded” cards. As he explores his hometown, he runs into another survivor, Morgan. He and Morgan then retrieve equipment from the sheriff station Rick once worked at. When Rick gears up at the police station, you can swap out the Hospital Gown Rick mini and his special Survivor Deck for the regular Rick mini and deck. The Scenario culminates in a Walker attack at Morgan’s house that Rick and Morgan must survive together!

The update also mentioned extra dice. Some gamers want extra copies of the dice so they don't have to keep passing them around the table. Or getting gamer cooties from other players.

Update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/the-walking-dead-no...

And, yes, there *are* hospital zombie miniatures! zombie
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&e...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
$5 for 8 custom dice is generous vs. most other campaigns that fleece you on dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Geoff wrote:
$5 for 8 custom dice is generous vs. most other campaigns that fleece you on dice.

I could not agree more and am happy that they decided to offer the add-on.

Does anyone happen to know what the maximum number of dice an individual player would have to roll? I am wondering how many extra sets to purchase.

Thanks for posting this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would assume it is 4 white and 4 black since that is how many comes in the base set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
2. Create an Action pool of dice

a. The Action indicates which stat to roll under the free effect. Gather Action dice equal to the Survivor’s characteristic indicated (Attack, Interact, Coordinate). For example, if a Survivor has Coordinate: 2 on their Survivor Sheet, they roll a base of 2 Action dice if their chosen Action says to roll Coordinate dice.

b. Add 1 Stress die to the pool for each Stress token on their Survivor Sheet.

c. Add 1 Stress die to the pool if there is at least 1 Walker (ready or knocked down) in the Survivor’s Area

Not seeing a cap on number of dice rolled in the rules, but you can watch the gameplay videos on the home page to get a better idea of how the dice are used.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7cyg8e2aoyzdz3i/WD%20KS%20Rules%20...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brady Sadler
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Phate999 wrote:
I would assume it is 4 white and 4 black since that is how many comes in the base set.

Yep, 4 of each is pretty standard. There may be very rare occurrences when you might need an extra or two, and in the base game we advise to record results and reroll one of the dice needed. Extra dice will help in these rare situations.

But where they are the most helpful is each player having their own set means less passing dice around the table. I know during playtests we can never have enough dice for this reason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.