Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clint Conner
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
Background Information

My brother and I have decided to start playing through all of the Command and Colors Ancients scenarios, in order, and keep score. We have both chosen an army that we will play for the rest of the overall campaign, substituting other armies as needed when scenarios do not contain our two starting armies. Upon completion of the total campaign, we are going to switch sides and start anew. Fun and frustration will be had by all!

I have chosen the Carthage army and he has chosen the Syracuse army. This first section will accompany all of my session reports and I will update it with new armies as we come across them.

Scenario: Battle of Akragas

Having played this scenario a few times, every game ended with the Syracuse army winning. This time was no different, albeit a much closer battle than before. This session report will be a bit short.

The battle quickly started quickly with the right side of the field. I had quite a few cards that allowed me to at least move two units on the right side every turn. This annoyed my brother. As it should.

Eventually, my medium infantry broke ranks and charged ahead, eliminating several units and nearly routing a few more. It was safe to say that Carthage would own this side of the battlefield. My light cavalry did take heavy fire and was forced to retreat behind the front lines.

Having asserted dominance thus far, I turned my attention inward while my ragtag band of medium infantry was deep behind enemy lines. Victory was in sight!

But alas, it was not to be had. After several tense battles with amazing dice rolls during battle-backs (and not so amazing rolls during battles), Syracuse managed to eke out a win.

The final score was Carthage - 4 VP, Syracuse - 5 VP.

Notes

* We completely forgot about battle-backs until about halfway through the game.
* I do not believe either of us attempted to evade any attacks.

Campaign Status

Carthage: 0 Wins, 4 Victory Points
Syracuse: 1 Win, 5 Victory Points
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Vranes
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic!

I just picked up this game - late to the bandwagon - and I really enjoy it. I hope the expansions are still around for a bit, as I think I'd like to get a few more of these.

Good report!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell InNC
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cavalry / Light = EVADE ALWAYS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I legally own hundreds of polyhedral assault dice!
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cavalry may always evade foot units and heavier mounted classes.

Light foot (not Auxilia) and Light Cavalry may always evade.

And thanks for these reports. Keep sending them in! It'll be fun to learn how you both progress in the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Blakely
msg tools
mbmb
Where in Pittsburgh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.