JOHN TODD JENSEN
United States
CLYMAN
WI
flag msg tools
Ask me about it!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this a reworking of What Were You Thinking?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Leder
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question.

It's actually more of a spiritual successor to that. For Hive Mind, we really focused less on trivia and more on opinions and experiences when you answer the questions. The use of the board -- how the queen controls the movement of the Beeple pawns and the hive itself (including hive gate tokens as a catch-up mechanic) give the game a much different overall feel from WWYT.

But for people who played WWYT (and we have met many of them during the testing, refining, and public play period), we keep hearing that it's scratches the same itch and that its great to have Richard bringing this great party game concept back to everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
Merlin
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the BGG Comments for What Were You Thinking (written in 2014) claims that the original name for WWYT was "Hive Mind"...so...apparently so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Garfield
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Yes - What Were You Thinking was based on Hivemind, a game I created a long time ago and still play. What Were You Thinking dropped the ball on the game in many ways, and I wanted to get something very close to the game I actually play rather than something that feels weakened byu the addition of a board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.