Subject: Acolyte and Judgement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't help but be curious about the weapon shown in the Acolyte mini's hands. I looked through all the cards and found a blue card which seems to be the right weapon -- a hammer called Judgement. I assume this is the game's idea of the ideal weapon for this character.

Pretty hard to get though. Do you get it only be drawing a blue card or is it the result of a quest? What's it like to play with? Is there a "perfect" weapon for all the characters? I'm using the green longsword for the Soldier which looks similar to the mini's weapon, but I'm guessing what he really has is something better?

Just curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Derksen
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
armoredgear7.net
badge
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster dockingbay416.com/campaign
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the weapons sculpted in the minis were mostly a stylistic choice. Judgment is really the ideal weapon for the Acolyte because you get that amazing dice pool for both your Relic and Weapon attacks.

Among a given item colour, most of the weapons are the same strength (d10/fd), but have different fate recipes that offer interesting tradeoffs.

That being said, of all the content that has been released so far in the core and item expansions, I'd say blue loadouts like this would be the strongest/ideal weapon for each character:

Soldier: Horrifying Spear + Bulwark (going for crowd control and Defense) or Kelemite Greatsword (going for Single-target attacks)
Acolyte: Judgment
Brigand: Umbral Blade + Leather of the Lightless (armor)
Archer: Blackwood Bow + Endless Quivver
Apprentice: Lunian Spellbook + Demon's Bane
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.