Dan
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Yeah... I see what you did there.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a supporter.

I did this mainly because: of my love of the Evil Dead franchise, the fact, as a comic book company, the art and components should be decent, and I've had some luck with the games that I have backed on Kickstarter in the past. Camp Grizzly, Slaughterville, Dawn of the Zeds (Third edition), etc.

Promise to make a video review when I get it. Deadites are really just demonic zombies after all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cameron
United States
Martinez
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed it to because of the IP. Love Bruce Campbell!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Clark
United States
Stony Brook
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed it but I pretty much back everything I can that is horror or has zombies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Briand
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Huge Evil Dead fan here, so yeah.. I definitely backed this. Backed the deluxe with pretty much all game related Add-Ons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I'm interested in why you backed it - because of the game, or because of the "toys"?

I was tempted for the toys, but there's not enough game in there and I don't have the room to store extraneous stuff that doesn't have a good gaming function under it, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan R.
msg tools
I am curious as well.

I have an EB, mainly cause I am an ED/AoD fanatic. But the more I re-watch the gameplay video, it just reminds me of a more simple and boring version of Mansions of Madness, combined with Betrayal at House on the Hill, but with more random elements that really kinda of break theme/immersion - an example would be the "finding" of items that all the sudden pop up at random areas where the character who "found" it is nowhere near.

Also the flipping back and forth mechanic seems like it won't work well. I feel like they should "turn" and then the games AI should take over, and it would be up to the others to "turn" them back. That way you wouldn't be relying on others to stick to the theme, because you know it is likely others will just try and turn back.

I'm teetering on dropping it, I'm really just along for the ride cause I love the IP, but I am having a really hard time with this one as it seems like they just grabbed elements from other games, with no real thought on making those elements/mechanics from other games improved, or making them work well within the theme.

Anyone else feeling this way? of those who supported, or those who've decided to drop?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fleury
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Ryan
Yes I do feel the same, for the moment I have an EB deluxe version but I really consider dropping it because I think there is not enough gameplay, that they do not really know how to make minis (check Henrietta hair) and that they are over-optimistic with everything.
I really like Evil Dead 2 and pledged only for the IP so far, otherwise I would not even consider it after looking at the rules and what they have shown so far. But... I have already too much stuff taking dust
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here. I'm in at least the EB and $45 add on which gives all expansions that relate to game play.

I haven't decided what I will do yet. The last video I watched put game play slightly above roll and move for me.

Since they don't have a background on board games I just wonder how well play tested it is. Do expansions break the game some how? Will there be dozens and dozens of rules questions that come out up?

I also fear delivery time. They were so confident in their original date of nov of this year that even backers said that isn't realistic. Several weeks later they changed it to spring of next year.

Even experienced publishers run into delays especially with miniatures.

Of course time is taking away so all others like myself who are on the fence need to make a decision soon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Lenz
United States
Papillion
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was compelled to back the early bird "Deluxe" on day one. I can only blame this act on the remembrance of Bruce personally signing my copy of "If Chins Could Kill"... Fingers are crossed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan R.
msg tools
I've decided to drop my pledge. There were just too many red flags on this one, as others on this board have pointed out.

I think they are just taking advantage of the fans on this one. They seem overly optimistic, but when you look their dev time (which was apparently only a few months, there is a quote somewhere on this board from the designer stating the concept only was thought of like 3 months ago or something), the fact that there has been no real playtesting, no reviews, no production models, fairly poor 3d renders, and to be honest, gameplay just doesn't seem good.

It is unfortunate, because I really wanted this one to be awesome - I am a huge ED/AoD fan, and would have loved a game that hit our table often with this theme that was fun and had a Mansions of Madness type feel to its gameplay (minus the game master, or with would have been fine!), but this just isn't it for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Herrald
msg tools
I too dropped my EB pledge. At the end of the day I looked at the project and asked myself "if this wasn't Evil Dead but a generic zombies game would I be backing it?" The answer was a resounding "no" so my decision was made.

It makes me sad. I'm a big fan of Bruce and the Evil Dead series, but the KS makes it look like a really underwhelming game experience that would ultimately taint what is currently a highly regarded franchise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Gambatese
United States
Mentor
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hate to say it buy i had to drop my pledge as well ...
I just dont want to aggravate myself when a year from now this game is still not even close to being done ... not to mention game play just doesn't look that good
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I withdrew my pledge moments ago.

I'm just not impressed with a lot of things, the art feels weak and incomplete (what's with the box arts?), the game design doesn't feel like it's there yet, and there haven't been enough impressions to make a positive image of it.

Sorry to the developer, but I may buy it when it's all complete.

Oh, and I know it's normal now, but I f***ing loathe add ons and add ons.. How about you piece together a whole game, then start with one expansion set with all that crap in it.. Just feels so shady.

Now I did support Dark Souls, which a lot of people felt was a questionable campaign, but even that game looked a lot more solid than what's going on here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drunken Boxer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I withdrew my pledge today too...let my earlybird go to someone that feels confident in the project. I don't.

I love Evil Dead 2, but all my instincts scream to me that this is going to have serious problems, and the game doesn't look very fun. But maybe I'm wrong...like Paul Liolio, if I am wrong and the game turns out amazing, I can always pick it up at retail.

I just don't have the money right now to be tossing into a game from an untested company that I have serious doubts about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K. Hickey
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
I am currently going through these same pains. I want it to be so damn good, but I don't have confidence in their ability with what I've seen so far. Especially since they stated that they sent out copies to 3rd parties to show a preview video. One person said he had the copy a week & a half ago, but won't be able to review it until after the KS is over.

Whats the point of that? Or giving it to someone that can't show it off during their KS? That is really weird to me. The only videos they have, are of the designers showing it off. Most of the SGs seemed like they were done on the fly with what the community wanted them to do. It is honestly the most unorganized & amateur KS that I've seen for a big IP, in a long time.

At least with Dark Souls, they actually brought it to a convention to game test & had videos showing off playtesters reactions towards the game.

This just feels like a cash grab, which frustrates the hell out of me. So many add-ons & they have yet to update the bundles with the new add-ons, even when people have complained about it. It tastes like pure disappointment. Its too bad that a well known company or someone that had actually put down loads of time, thought, testing, & complexity into it, didn't acquire the IP. Sorry, if thats mean, but its exactly how I feel. I love Evil Dead & am a huge horror fanatic, but not to the point where I will purchase a game to collect dust & never play it, due to crap gameplay.

I am looking forward to Big Trouble In Little China, by Everything Epic Games. I don't think that will disappoint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
When bad things happen, I know you want to believe they are a joke, but sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
I just cancelled my pledge.

Way too many red flags.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The heart wants what it wants... I so want this to be good (I'm hoping for another Camp Grizzly, which has been fantastic fun for me), but I'm still concerned about this coming together. Need to figure out if I'm hanging on to this deluxe EB urgently now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Smith
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Hey everyone, this is the designer of the game. Even though the general trend here is folks who've dropped pledges, your feedback is still super important. For the gameplay concerns, I'd just say check out the solo mode streams I put up on Twitch, here: https://www.twitch.tv/whimsymachine/profile The solo mode obviously won't show off the teamwork and co-op/competitive strategy aspects, but is far clearer than the previous videos.

I'm not at all here to get you to back a game you don't want. If you have any concerns I can address, I'm happy to. If I can't, then I'll have something to learn for next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Yeah... I see what you did there.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, looks like I do an unboxing and review when my product is delivered.

Catch you all later.

And no, you cannot have my copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't back this game even if it cost me $1 for the whole game. Unless they would provide something like cabin carved dice or something, then I would go all in. Oh wait they did!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim van Wijngaarden
msg tools
I did, I love the IP and I like the idea of playing it solo.
As much as I love Evil Dead, most of my gaming group absolutely despise it.
I know, I need better friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.