4 Posts

Scythe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Crimean: wayfare and resource usage. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
KEVIN GEORGE AVERILLA
msg tools
mbmbmb
By default a home base is not considered to be a teritory, but through a wayfare, crimeans can enter the their home base and other inactive home bases. So this happened last game night, my freind was playing crimea. He used wayfare from his controlled territory to a homebase of an inactive faction,one of the two expansion faction. He moved his mech and workers with the resources from his territory and stopped his movement on the home base. Next turn he used the resources, I think he was building something, the question is can he use the resources on the said homebase he wayfared to?

Respecting the rules for the use of resources on a territory you control and limitting it as to a home base is not a territory. Plus the including the wayfare action, is he able to use the homebase as a sanctuary for his resources?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lori MacKenzie
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. See here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1611098/moving-resources-ho...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a pretty interesting edge case. Personally, I would say that the resources are under the control of the player since the player is on the location of the resources. So even if they aren't controlling the "space" I would say they are in control of the resources and would therefore be able to spend them.

I am absolutely positive that Jamey will show up here with an official ruling soon, he's good that way!

Shows what I know! The thread linked above quotes Jamey saying that resources cannot be left unattended on, or be spent from, home bases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KEVIN GEORGE AVERILLA
msg tools
mbmbmb
Ok, thanks hehe I have the same sentiment as jamey. My friend was just imposing his view on the rules, lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.