4,021 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
25.3% of Goal | 29 Days Left

Support:

Hugh Grotius
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, this is a fairly geeky question. I'm teaching the game to my two teenagers this weekend (and I myself am mostly a newb). I had planned to have the three of us facing one another on three sides of our (long) table. But having played a few turns solo, I think none of us will like reading the cards on the card row upside-down or whatnot.

So now I'm wondering: should we line up three in a row, side-by-side on the same (long) side of the table, so we can all face the card row? Does anyone play this way? I suppose I could have the two kids on the same (long) side of the table, with me at the adjoining side, so at right angles. But I usually try to provide a physical buffer between the two of them, lol, to prevent hostilities from breaking out. This preference applies even when playing the peaceful variant, which I'm afraid may be the only option for this crew.

Hey, this is boardgamegeek.com, so I'm entitled to one geeky question a year. Does the game work with three players side-by-side?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sit at the end of the table, one reading the correct way one reading from left side, one reading from right
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Grotius
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well that's what I originally intended, but in our group, I always sit in the middle to separate the unruly contestants, and that means they'll get the "bad" views of the card row. Then again, they have younger eyes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Three on one side should work fine, but it might feel a little awkward I would think. How old are these youngsters since they can play through the ages but not avoid getting into physical confrontations with each other?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try seating the two teenagers on one side, and you, as teacher, on the opposite. Yes, you will read the cards upside down, but it's easier for you than for them. And you will attract their attention sitting right in front of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Grotius
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I'll probably go with something like that.

It's not that the kids will start whacking each other if one beats the other in a war. It's more that I'm a civilizing influence, so to speak, if I sit between them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.