Subject: Just received 2nd core set with errata cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Tonks
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I got a 2nd copy of the core set & I saw this included an updated Horn Of Gondor as well as an updated Nagzul. I knew these had been errata'd from their original printing but I did not know FFG had included these changes in later reprints. Are their any other cards in the core set which have also been updated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
all errata are listed in the FAQ

some of the cards in the errata list are not really errata but more of an explanation of how the card functions (like Eleanor and Thalin)

here are some errata though:

Beravor: her ability is only usable once per round

Will of the West is removed from the game after use

Feint / Thicket of Spears clarifies that you must target engaged enemies and that those engaged enemies cannot attack the engaged player (this was to fix trivialising the Balrog, iirc)

Protector of Lorien: limit 3 times per phase

a few encounter cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcio Ferreira
Portugal
Viana do Castelo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm considering to buy this game, it's good to know that the reprints have corrections!

Is it possilble to identify the print date/version e.g. on the box, serial no. etc..?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goryon wrote:
Is it possilble to identify the print date/version e.g. on the box, serial no. etc..?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcio Ferreira
Portugal
Viana do Castelo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ins3kT wrote:
goryon wrote:

OK, incomplete question from my side... Is it possible to know which versions/print date include these errata corrections/clarifications?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goryon wrote:
Is it possible to know which versions/print date include these errata corrections/clarifications?

I think plastic clamshells would be a hint at least. I have clamshell Dwarrowdelf, but my one Ring-maker pack is cardboard. The clamshell versions of the first three would have the errata, and if not already the case, easy-mode updates (markers on cards to remove).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just looked at my cardboard Celebrimbor's Secret pack, and it has the gold markings for easy mode. So at least from cycle 3 and on it was a standard thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.