Dark Tales» Forums » General

Subject: Beautiful art, fun and flowing mechanic rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Siel Oren
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommend this game for a light, strategic experience with some nicely done fairy tale flavor. The thematic ideas behind each card's actions highly add to the enjoyment.
The way cards A and B (settings cards) change each game adds to the modularity and replayability.
Amazing art, the creators chose interesting fairy tale story elements and characters and portrayed them with strong passion.
Played today for the 1st time, really waiting to try the expansions already.
7/10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary smith
United Kingdom
Salisbury
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally agree with you, excellent little card game packed with some tough decisions and gorgeous artwork. I've got the two available expansions and will always include in plays with people familiar with the game. Looking forward to the Cinderella expansion this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad

Indiana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been enticed by the game for a while now after seeing it sitting on the shelf of my FLGS. After spotting the dV Giochi at Gen Con this year, my wife and I sat down for our first demo.

The art is fantastic and gorgeous. I love how simple the game plays and the iconography that it uses. Generally, each card is very clear in how it acts.

I went ahead and bought the base game and the Cinderella expansion. Cinderella is pretty interesting with the Ball mechanic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dickon V
United States
Dover Foxcroft
Maine
flag msg tools
Am I the only one that thought this read "Duck Tales" and became unreasonably excited?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Robinson
England
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cromusz wrote:
....Cinderella expansion.....

Cinderella is out? cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad

Indiana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DIFFLOCK wrote:
cromusz wrote:
....Cinderella expansion.....

Cinderella is out? cool

It was released at Gen Con.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.