Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
neko flying
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unlike the base game, this expansion is recommended by the bgg community for three players too. Is there a reason for this? Does it play better with three than the base game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably because there are just more things to do with the additional characters. I imagine the addition of Warriors of Middle-Earth will extend this even more, perhaps even making 4-player more popular.

Nothing in the expansions change the fact that it's still basically a 2-player game of the Free vs the Shadow, but with so much to keep track of even in the base game (2nd edition), having a teammate makes more sense with the expansions added in.

In fact, I applaud all efforts to make it more team friendly! When I have my CE set up it is so impressive that you really want everyone to share in the epic experience, not just two people taking up the whole damn table!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
neko flying
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answer. I have very mixed feelings towards the multiplayer version. On the one hand, it is great to play with more than two players; on the other hand, the multiplayer rules feel a bit fiddly and not completely satisfactory. It is a pity, I wish it were possible to make a better variant than the original one, but I can see why it is difficult!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.