Subject: 0x Large cities card actions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefano Marchetto
Italy
Latina
LT
flag msg tools
Is it possible to place a die into a large city without doing the relative action, just to deny it to another player?
Rules say you can use the action a number of times up to the number of die placed, I don't know if zero is an available choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan beaumont
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Large cities card actions
In English the rule states "You then immediately perform the corresponding action..."

We have always interpreted this as meaning you must be able to do the action, so 0 actions isn't an option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin C
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
alphaom3ga wrote:
Is it possible to place a die into a large city without doing the relative action, just to deny it to another player?
Rules say you can use the action a number of times up to the number of die placed, I don't know if zero is an available choice.

In addition to what Alan said, p6 in the English rules state (emphasis mine)
Quote:
* If you are allowed to perform an action out multiple times or get more from the action, you can always choose to perform the action out fewer times or get less. You must always perform the action at least once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Montoya
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you have to have enough resources to perform it at least once. You cannot just block it aimlessly to prevent another player from using it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.