Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David McCulley
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When the research mission card is played and the active player has placed missions, do the following players have to pay the fuel costs? The rules state the active player does pay, but nothing about the non active ones other than paying a credit to the controlling player. This seems to disadvantage the active player as he is really funding the entire mission in terms of fuel costs. Look forward to replies thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Brody
United States
Woodstock
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Only the active player has to pay the fuel costs. It may disadvantage the active player, but the fame gained throughout the game should add up make up and difference.

Basically think of one player sending the mission and then looking for investors to slap the sticker on the side of the ship.

BTW, off topic - working on a second edition rules set, will post in a few weeks. It's only a couple paragraphs, but I think it will improve the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McCulley
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Factories and fuel.
Thanks Ian for replying. Just played a full game for the first time tonight with 4 of us. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Great sense of exploration and the randomness of a the cards will Im sure make every game different. For instance somewhat amazingly, i drew the 4 scoring cards, which in some games would be great but on this occasion didnt help me.

Couple of points i would like clarified please.

Concerning the mineral factories (drill icon). What is the significance of the change from gaining a fuel token to a credit once fusion power has been obtained.

In the files section of the geek someone has produced a summary guide. They have stated that at game end scoring, there is +1VP for stockpliled fuel. However, i can't see any mention of this in the rulebook. If fuel does count can you please explain how it works. Is it one additional VP to whoever has the most unused fuel, or does each remaininig fuel token count for a point each for every player?

Look forward to a reply and your posting of updated rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Brody
United States
Woodstock
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the kind words on the game.

I think someone included the rule from the "Fuel Stockpile" promotional tile. This tile +1 VP to the player with the most Fuel on hand at the end of the game.

I played a couple games with my "new rules" and I still need to think about them more.

One new rule is definitely in: A player can only decline to sell a card once per Generation. But I still have one game play aspect I want to improve.

I've been so busy that I've been over-optimistic my schedule of getting things done, but it should be quite soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McCulley
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Ian. Cant wait for updated rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.