Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » Rules

Subject: Spoiler, Question About April rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kaladin Stormblessed
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
I have Faded Cities and I think I'm using them correctly. In the current game when we got them, we replaced C0dA with the figures. We will continue this with our next setup.

Question:

City Zero - the first city to gain a faded figure is city zero. But it also says to replace all cubes with figures, so when does it become city zero?

Does this mean during setup of the next game, if so, then do I pick the city?? or would it have to be an outbreak of the current game, or would it be during setup, the first C0dA city to show up when placing cubes?

Also, if my C0dA is red and I have faded figures, are red cubes done for now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: Spoiler, Faded cities questions
That's a spoiler IN THE TITLE so edit your post. Preferably with the month you are asking about.

The first city that gains a faded figure at any point is city zero forever. So you don't choose it. Its the first city that gets one by the rules. Without knowing where you are, people can't explain fully.

From where you are to where I am, the cubes of the CoDa color have not come back into play. I'm not done with the year yet though, so I can't say forever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stamp
msg tools
When faded appear (after the second epidemic in April), you don't convert existing COdA cubes to figures. The first time a COdA city comes out of the infection deck, that becomes city zero and any cubes are converted to faded at that point.

If you win before the second epidemic (has this happened to anyone??) then the first COdA city in the May setup is city zero.

Yes, until the game tells you otherwise you won't need the red cubes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jess in Arkham
msg tools
Quote:
When faded appear (after the second epidemic in April), you don't convert existing COdA cubes to figures. The first time a COdA city comes out of the infection deck, that becomes city zero and any cubes are converted to faded at that point.

If you win before the second epidemic (has this happened to anyone??) then the first COdA city in the May setup is city zero.

This is not quite accurate. The first COdA city that would gain an infection marker gains a faded figure instead of a cube and becomes city zero. (Just drawing the city in the infection deck does not make a city faded, as it could be prevented by presence of a quarantine marker.) When a city becomes faded, do convert all cubes in that city to faded figures.

As an alternative to winning before the second epidemic, you can stop any COdA infection events through quarantines, which would also delay the appearance of the faded until May setup. (This is how it worked out for my group.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graeme Edgeler
msg tools
stackey83 wrote:

We did so poorly in our first attempt at April, that we lost (due to outbreaks in a non-COdA colour) before any faded figures got on the board (helped by some COdA-stopping quarantines), so city zero didn't happen until setup for our next game (although, of course, that wasn't May, but late April shake )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Blum
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
stackey83 wrote:

Or you just get lucky and don't pull any more red cards before you win. That's what happened to us. Our City Zero wasn't until May because, by some stroke of luck, after we were introduced to faded figures, we did not pull another red card from the deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doctor Mandy wrote:
This is not quite accurate. The first COdA city that would gain an infection marker gains a faded figure instead of a cube and becomes city zero.

Strictly speaking, the first city that would gain a C0dA marker or suffer a C0dA outbreak becomes city zero.

A C0dA city can gain cubes of non-C0dA colours due to nearby outbreaks without Fading, and a C0dA city with 3 C0dA cubes would not gain a C0dA marker, but would still Fade (unless protected by Quarantine).

The larger point is still valid - you only replace C0dA cubes when their cities Fade, and cities only Fade when they are drawn from the Infection Deck, or a neighbouring city Outbreaks with Faded.

Once you finish your first April game (or sooner if all the C0dA cubes are cleared off the board before then), your C0dA cubes can join your C0dA cure vial in a spare corner of the box. The game will make it clear when (or if) you need them again - until then, Faded figures replace the C0dA cubes for all purposes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.