9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Desert Island Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Arnott
msg tools
Hi,

I guess this may have been done in other guises but...

You're shipwrecked on a Desert Island, you and one other person...

Which game, if you had the hindsight to pack a game that accommodates 2 players, would you take?

The questions assumes you packed any expansions to any game before your unfortunate incident.

I would probably pick my Dominion box (with all expansions), as it would give all things to all men, as a game, for a long time...

OR...if I ended up having to eat the other person, ironically I might take SOS Titanic to give solace, solo...

Over to you...

Slippery
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Johansson
Sweden
Järfälla
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would bring something robust, Dominion cards would not last long. Chess? Catan travel edition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
"I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there."
mbmbmbmbmb
Go is the obvious answer to me for these questions. There is no other game I could see wanting to play over and over again without fear of it getting stale. Although, I suppose I could figure out a way to make a Go set on the island, but I feel like that is missing the spirit of the question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Lautermilch
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deck of Cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder why board gamers have a higher propensity for being shipwrecked on a desert island than other members of the population? You'd think they would learn and avoid traveling on ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Melen
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to see who says Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island. Of course, I'd never say that. Even though it's a good game, and would have the additional benefit of suggesting the next implement to try to make.

I'd say Kingdom Death: Monster because I'd finally have the time to play that nutty thing! whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Taylor
United Kingdom
Epping
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with the OP, Dominion plus all the expansions would keep me going for a hell of a long time.

Assuming the other person liked Dominion that is
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren M
Canada
Fort Vermilion
AB
flag msg tools
mb
Pandemic Legacy: Season 1

If it's good enough to be the best game in the entire universe... it's gotta be good enough for a puny desert island as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.