10 Posts

Konflikt '47» Forums » General

Subject: Start talking!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcus
msg tools
This or Dust 1947!?
Im getting into one of them, at the fence atm though with Dust being rereleased and konflikt not out yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Quigley
msg tools
I'm gettin' Konflikt, I've already collected a couple of armies for Bolt Action, and I like the ruleset, so expanding into Weird War with K'47 makes sense to me.

I don't know much of Dust, I'm sure it's a fine game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peterson
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my German Starter set earlier this week.... Looks good...now to start assembling and figure out when to start painting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Marlow
United Kingdom
Bridgwater
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Soulless wrote:
This or Dust 1947!?
Im getting into one of them, at the fence atm though with Dust being rereleased and konflikt not out yet.

It seems to me that the "re-release" of Dust is just a re-write of the rulebook, that they were forced into by IP issues from the troubled relationship with their previous partners.
I love Dust, but it's dead now. I've never played any Bolt Action games, but choosing K47 is a no-brainer in my opinion. It looks great, despite (or because of) being a blatant, and pretty scandalous rippoff of the whole Dust idea
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peterson
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marlowc wrote:
Soulless wrote:
This or Dust 1947!?

It seems to me that the "re-release" of Dust is just a re-write of the rulebook, that they were forced into by IP issues from the troubled relationship with their previous partners.
I love Dust, but it's dead now. I've never played any Bolt Action games, but choosing K47 is a no-brainer in my opinion. It looks great, despite (or because of) being a blatant, and pretty scandalous rippoff of the whole Dust idea

...and AE-WWII pre-dates the whole Dust idea (2006). Secrets of the Third Reich (2008) pre-dates the miniatures game for Dust Tactics (2010), but not the board game (2007). And I'm sure there are other "Weird World War II" miniature games out there...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
marlowc wrote:
I've never played any Bolt Action games, but choosing K47 is a no-brainer in my opinion.
One thing potential players need to be aware of is that this is basically another Bolt Action version, which means:

A) Konflikt 47 is a full-fledged tabletop minis game (not a boardgame)
B) You are going to have to assemble boatloads of actual tabletop minis (meaning separate arms & heads & guns & bases & etc.)
C) The K47 rulebook stands at an imposing 208 pages. Again: You are playing a dedicated ruler-and-terrain tabletop minis game

Other than the theme (which is indeed remarkably ripoff'ish of Dust) these games cater to two different audiences: The occasional boardgamer, and the lifestyle-oriented hobby gamer. Just be aware before going overboard spending $$$ on K47.

p.s.
All that being said, the crooks at Dust Studios deserve their market-share to be enveloped by the folks at Warlord Games, who at least are not utter crooks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Love
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

For my one cent opinion --

I'd go with K-47

If I already didn't have INCURSION (supported by metal minis of Secrets of the Third Reich made by West Wind)

I'm not touching DUST (unless I can get it on clearance)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Marlow
United Kingdom
Bridgwater
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
[q="marlowc"]I've never played any Bolt Action games, but choosing K47 is a no-brainer in my opinion.[/q
Other than the theme (which is indeed remarkably ripoff'ish of Dust) these games cater to two different audiences: The occasional boardgamer, and the lifestyle-oriented hobby gamer. Just be aware before going overboard spending $$$ on K47.

Yes, this is a very good point. I had a lot of fun with the Dust Tactics version of Dust, which with it's playing area in squares, 1 unit per square, is definitely not a conventional wargame.
And also of course, the Dust miniatures all come pre-assembled and painted. You can use them straight from the box if you wish. Very few people I know actually did, we all painted them up to some degree - they are such gorgeous models

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Marlow
United Kingdom
Bridgwater
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:

p.s.
All that being said, the crooks at Dust Studios deserve their market-share to be enveloped by the folks at Warlord Games, who at least are not utter crooks.

I don't think Paolo is a crook really. An utter fool when it comes to business decisions certainly gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb Leist

Hagerstown
Maryland
msg tools
mbmbmb
I prefer Dust Warfare to Bolt Action and by extension Konflikt. Warfare is a full blown tabletop wargame experience, no grid. Tactics was a bit bland. There is a Facebook group working on some updates to the Warfare rules, but they aren't done yet. They have 200+ people testing the changes. Dust studios is still releasing new product to support.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.