Subject: Two production questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gregg Keizer
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just began a debut solo game, and at reaching the German production phase, have two questions:

** Is the Blockade built into the German numbers? In other words, at start, Germany has 12...does the fact that Great Britain control the box mean a -1 for Germany (to 11)?

** The +1 to Germany for conquering Belgium in the first turn...is this a one-time addition, or does Germany continue to collect the point as long as it controls Belgium?

Thanks much to anyone with insights....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Gregg!
The Blockade is reflected later in the Event deck. Control of the box is assessed and its effects are applied at that time.

The 1 PP Belgium bonus is a one-time award for Germany.

Enjoy!

Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Keizer
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey Hermann,

Thanks for the instant replies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall OHara
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
How is the game going solo? I bought it to play solo because none of my gaming group likes WW1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Uhlmann
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
Also note that while Germany's production of 12 already assumes the blockade is in place, if Germany is able to lift the blockade and control the blockade box then Germany gains 1 PP each turn (for lifting the blockade) and Britain loses 1 PP per turn (due to easy access for commerce raiding). (Section 8.2.2). Of course, this goes away if Britain is able to re-establish the blockade.

As Herm mentioned, Event Cards later in the game might impose further production penalties on Germany if the blockade is in place at the time the event is triggered.

Kirk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred W. Manzo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I never tried it solo, but I can't see a reason not too. The cards are drawn randomly and you can just follow what they say. As for the overall strategy, I assume you could start off with a general Central Powers plan and just go from there.

So it should play just fine solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fred 100 wrote:

So it should play just fine solo.

Indeed it does!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HORST324 wrote:
Hey Gregg!

The 1 PP Belgium bonus is a one-time award for Germany.

Hermann

4.1.3, 4th bullet. Of course I forgot this rule in my play. whistle I won't again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.