Suburbia» Forums » General

Subject: 5th Player rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Noah Bears
Canada
flag msg tools
Hello,

I am looking to get Suburbia, as I really like the Cities:Skylines/SimCity type feel of the game. I do have one reservation.

Both my family and my game group has 5 people, and I was wondering if there is any way of being able to play 5 players WITHOUT the Suburbia 5 expansion. I don't know if this is possible, but if anyone has any ideas or suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and God bless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just get 5*. I don't care much for the star tiles so we just play with the regular tiles and rules. That way you can add in all the 5th player components from 5*, but just stay with the base game.

Alternately, I guess you could just duplicate all of one of the base game players items in a different color, but I still think getting 5* is easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
mb
mrgrizzlie33 wrote:
Hello,

I am looking to get Suburbia, as I really like the Cities:Skylines/SimCity type feel of the game. I do have one reservation.

Both my family and my game group has 5 people, and I was wondering if there is any way of being able to play 5 players WITHOUT the Suburbia 5 expansion. I don't know if this is possible, but if anyone has any ideas or suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and God bless.

With 5 players the downtime could be intolerable for some. 5 expansion tries to get around that by introducing flexible turn order (instead of fixed turn order). It also provide extra market slot for 5p game and of course extra set of starting tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Soto
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eunoia wrote:
mrgrizzlie33 wrote:
Hello,

Thanks and God bless.

With 5 players the downtime could be intolerable for some. 5 expansion tries to get around that by introducing flexible turn order (instead of fixed turn order). It also provide extra market slot for 5p game and of course extra set of starting tiles.

To the point that the 5 instructions highly suggests that you play with the tiles with 5 players. Most likely because sniping purchases before your opponent's turn is a good strategy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.