Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Smith
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Elizebeth Boyd gives me +4 brass when played. This card came out early in the game and I was able to gain it. So I pulled in a ton of brass while others were still building their decks, and they had no chance to catch up. Did I just get lucky? I am curious to know if others have played Elizebeth Boyd and got the same results.

Also, I like the alternate spelling for "Elizabeth"! Was that intentional?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gnade
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Peter -

Elizebeth is a great buy if you can use her at least once (not so great near the end of a game). If you lucked out and purchased her early and no one built up an army to mine for brass, they may have not been able to catch up. In general, if you got her in one of your first 4-5 turns I would say that's a little lucky. My guess is that your friends focused too much on traditional deck building (which takes time) rather than realize that since you got her the game was going to be shorter and start investing in units/buildings.

Yes the alternate spelling was intentional - I also imagined it being pronounced slightly differently so instead of sounding like Eliz-a-beth it would be pronouced Eliz-beth (taking out the 'ah' sound in the middle).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.