Subject: Clarification on table talk rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trevor
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played for the first time last night. Had a question/clarification on how it should be played.

When the forensic scientist is placing bullets in the beginning phase, this is when table talk is supposed to take place. Then after the final clue is placed, 30 second pitches begin. Round ends. New clue comes out.

And then..... immediately start into the 30 second pitches? Or do you have table talk then as well to all openly discuss the new clue? We did the latter and the game dragged on too long, so I imagine we dun goofed.

A second house rule question: a review I watched suggested going the full three rounds, and THEN the accusation phase. Do you play this, or play by the official rules where you do your last 30 second pitch followed by final accusation (assuming you still have a badge)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Fox
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wen i play it, we let the forensic science announce when table talk s t ops and the 30 second case presitation begins. Usually when the discussion starts to repeat a second or third time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at the rules, it appears after the final bullet is placed, there is 'brief' table talk, and then again after each new evidence tile is placed. It does not define 'brief' talk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alenros
Israel
Tel-Kazir
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We play a variant on the accusations and rounds: we ditch them and play free-for-all. this way the game is much quicker and less formal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.