Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Captain PB
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So we narrowly won, but I'm not sure we should have.
On a few occasions trial card forced an apostle or another to move into an adjacent city. Do these moves need to follow the normal movement rules? Are they specifically to move you into an adjacent region that you already have a church in? Or can you simply move an apostle into a place where you have no church. My co-players argued that the latter is thematic due to the fact that persecution tends to build the church. But it makes the trial card a boon, and that seems wrong. If you still have 4 in the church and your apostle is forced out can it indeed be a missionary move? Also, what if you somehow are very isolated for having just played the carried off in the spirit card and as such you are nowhere near another church, you can't make a move out of your city using normal movement rules.
So are these moves required to follow the normal movement rules or are they free to move on their own into any adjacent city, even though that can be very helpful.
Thanks.
Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Lysaght
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian,

Congrats on your win! Normal movement rules do not apply to movements caused by trial cards. This means the scatter effect of a persecution card can allow church members to move into a previously empty city. Now, a couple of quick thoughts on this. First, if a trial card forces you to move the last piece out of a church (move the apostles out, for example) than it can trigger an extinguished token. Second, persecution may spread the church out, but it also spreads it thin. This can hinder growth, and lead to some devastating results when combined with flood or famine.

We hope you will continue to explore Commissioned! Thanks again for your questions.

Patrick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Troutman
msg tools
mbmb
WardenF16 wrote:
if a trial card forces you to move the last piece out of a church (move the apostles out, for example) then it can trigger an extinguished token.

This explanation confuses me on a certain point. Are you saying that if an apostle is alone in a location (say, due to a mob), that apostle can not move from said location, leaving it empty, or else an Extinguish event is triggered?

Effectively, you are saying that if any piece--member, missionary, or apostle--is on any location, that location is considered as having a church; and to then leave that location empty, for any reason, is to Extinguish said church?

How does this apply to Ships?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Siebenthall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct. Vacating any church completely causes it to be extinguished. To the best of my knowledge, this does not apply to ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Lysaght
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct on both counts. Vacating causes and extinguished token, and this does NOT apply to ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Troutman
msg tools
mbmb
WardenF16 wrote:
Correct on both counts. Vacating causes and extinguished token, and this does NOT apply to ships.

Additionally, regarding ships, during my previous play session: Peter got trapped in Alexandria with a Mission Stop, so Andrew travelled through Crete and took a ship to outside of Alexandria (without actually entering the city) by which to rescue Peter from being idle there, temporarily turning his exit into a Fellowship Move.

Was that a legit tactic?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Lysaght
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds legit! As soon as you had a church on both sides of the ship, moving onto that ship becomes a fellowship move (which the Mission stop does not block).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Troutman
msg tools
mbmb
Oh! Okay, so I wouldn't have had to take someone out onto the ship, just have had a church in Crete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Lysaght
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
True!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.