Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Flann Christenson
United States
Bemidji
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just like the title says, what do you use?

Beyond that, personally I would like to keep the Delve boxes in the storage container, but could care less about the starter box. Any ideas or suggestions? I would like to get something that holds just Dungeon Crawler and nothing else. It should also be noted that currently I have everything, and will be getting "The Thorn" expansion when it comes out(kickstarted).

I also don't want to spend a lot of money, but am searching for something nice. By "nice" I mean, non plastic, non cardboard, but those materials would be fine if they look pleasing enough.
I've done a little looking... Go7Gaming doesn't seem to have anything that would work(if only the bit boxes were a little bigger). Broken Token's high capacity card cases are too expensive and a little to big, but something like it would be ideal. Quiver cases seem to expensive and also hold a lot more cards than I would need to with this game.

Anybody got any suggestions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Felsher
United States
Rancho Palos Verdes
CA
flag msg tools
mb
I also have everything and I just use a cheap cardboard box of the type many CCG players use, and a 3 ring binder with sleeves for all the rules and scenarios I've printed from the website. I also made the playmat from the free files on the site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamel Rha
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sleeve my cards and i store them in a cardbox for MTG gamers available
at my local game store. Not that expensive and i get to put all my cards on one place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dong
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure if this is what you have in mind, but I just got a 'MDW Horrible Case Large Box for Party Card Games' to hold my Apex Theropod cards and I am very pleasantly surprised by it especially since I only paid $15 for it. It is surprisingly solid for a chipboard (~3mm thick) with paper wrap box. There is no flexing and it has a good weighty feel.

It holds a lot of cards. I can fit both 1st and 2nd editions of Apex and 6 expansions unsleeved into it (~1500 cards). It will accommodate sleeved cards without issue. It might fit the Delve boxes depending on there size. I measure the inner width of each side to be 96mm-97mm.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AFO2QRK/ref=oh_aui_deta...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jey Legarie
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
@Chris, How to the dividers stay upright?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flann Christenson
United States
Bemidji
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone so far, but those cardboard plain boxes don't appeal to me.

chrisemsd wrote:
I am not sure if this is what you have in mind, but I just got a 'MDW Horrible Case Large Box for Party Card Games'

This is a strong contender for me. Though maybe just a little bit big.(I would prefer to have a box dedicated to Dungeon Crawler)
But yes, how do the dividers stay in place? With enough cards, I have to assume they just get held in place.

Jey, what do you store all your Dungeon Crawler cards in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dong
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Friction. The dividers are a micro smidge wider than the width of the channel so when inserted there is a slight amount of friction to hold them in position with the divider and box manufacturing tolerances ymmv caveat. One of the dividers there is no friction. I suspect over time they will get looser. If you have them in a near full channel they should do fine with the cards and divider just leaning. If the channel is not full I would not expect the divider to stay upright with a lot of box and card movement or being stood on end. If you keep the box flat and are gentle with its movement it will likely stay in place. The other option would be to use foam blocks to take up the empty space so if the divider and cards move, they will lean over instead of fall over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jey Legarie
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, cool.

I've left everything in the original boxes thus far (keeps the sets separated for easier reference). I usually store card games in the plano deck boxes (plastic boxes with 5 chambers), or cardboard card boxes, nothing fancy so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flann Christenson
United States
Bemidji
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Plano deck boxes seem like a good idea, but aesthetically they just don't do it for me. Also a bit too big for this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dong
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Flann - Are you going sleeved or unsleeved?

@Jey - I am coming up with a card count a tad shy of 600 for every thing (Starter, 5 Delves, Mines, Thorn, all Promos). Is that correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flann Christenson
United States
Bemidji
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
100% Un-sleeved.
600, wow that seems high to me. Is that including "The Thorn" expansion, when it comes out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jey Legarie
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
400 cards for Unbound
82 for Mines of Khurgan
82 for the Thorn
10 unbound promos
6 mok promos
7 thorn promos (5+2 resource tracking cards)

587 total

The plano boxes don't really accommodate sleeves. I think if I were to store these in a different box, I'd sleeve them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flann Christenson
United States
Bemidji
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jey for the card count. Hard to believe that I almost have all of those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lazareth Minnelli
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I picked that plastic box up at Office Depot, about 10 bucks. I've got every card, sleeved, many multiples.

Well, not every card anymore. I don't have the Thorn pack or promos, I'll need to get around to getting myself a copy of that sometime. Plenty of room left in the box for those if I do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dong
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A new contender is spotted approaching in the distance – the Arkhive 400+ Xenoskin Flip Case from Ultimate Guard. I stumbled upon this on Ultimate Guard’s home page. It is due out next month. CSI is taking pre-orders for it @ $28. It is Ultimate Guard’s Flip Case design but stretched out to ~12 inches. They state that it will hold more than 430 double-sleeved cards. Will it fit all the Dungeon Crawler cards unsleeved? I think the answer is a definite maybe. What is the conversion factor for converting double-sleeved card capacity to unsleeved card capacity?

I have several of Ultimate Guard’s Xenoskin Flip Cases and have been very happy with them (functionality and construction quality). I will definitely be getting one to try out. If it will hold all the Dungeon Crawler cards, then I think I will have found my storage solution. Now I just have to sit back and see who will win the race to my doorstep – the Arkhive or my Dungeon Crawler ‘The Entire Series’ pledge package.

http://www.ultimateguard.com/en/boxes-cases/arkhive/arkhive-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jey Legarie
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
But what about the next expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron M
United States
Peoria
Arizona
flag msg tools
` or 1=1
badge
` or 1=1
mbmbmbmbmb
Couldn't just leave it in the boxes it came with...had to get something more portable and more permanent!

This is what I ended up with:

The Deckbox holds a ready to go set, while the case has EVERYTHING! else.

On the left you have the different adventurers and my current Crawler Deck. On the right you have the extra quests and the built out Dungeon Deck

Using the Broken Token Kit for Humanity XL I was able to sort all four types of Crawler and Dungeon cards into their own section with room for the upcoming Thorn expansion. This also makes it easier to put together a campaign or Dungeon deck later.

That, is how I store Dungeon Crawler!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dong
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greyhaze wrote:
But what about the next expansion?

In that case I guess I will need to consider getting a second Arkhive or repurposing one of my Flip 'n Trays. When should i plan on needing to do this?

Given Update #24 for The Thorn it looks like my Dungeon Crawler set will be winning the race to my doorstep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flann Christenson
United States
Bemidji
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the input Christopher and Aaron. Both look like nice options, though I think I'm leaning toward Aaron's suggestion.
Being able to separate the cards and it being made of wood, both of those aspects speak to me. Though the sleeker look the Arkhive also appeals to me.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jey Legarie
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Assuming the thorn has done well enough, a new expansion could be hot on its heels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron M
United States
Peoria
Arizona
flag msg tools
` or 1=1
badge
` or 1=1
mbmbmbmbmb
Scenario Packs!

(pretty please....)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilson St.James
Canada
Winona
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb

This is my chest of IKEA drawers. Each drawer holds one game or two.
Sentinels of the Multiversetakes up two drawers.
Thunderstone Advance: Towers of Ruin takes up two, and Dungeon Crawler will have one filled perfectly after 2x Thorn and everything else arrives.

This is what's in there now, and more to the point, how it is organized. Crawler Cards on the right, Dungeon Cards on the left (and the Quests and Adventurers too). They are both divided into their respective categories (items, characters, etcetera) and alphabetized.
I keep the the printed material in the centre.
It's usually typical for me to have separated out my current Dungeon Deck, and the Crawler Deck I am playing. I can grab these anytime, making this set up much more portable than it appears.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dong
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it turns out that it wasn’t even a race. My Dungeon Crawler ‘The Entire Series’ pledge package crossed the finish line while for some inexplicable reason the Arkhive hasn’t managed to get out of the paddock let alone make it to the starting line.

I’m not sure what the hold up is on the Arkhives. Ultimate Guard’s web site switched from available mid-November to Available Now at the beginning of the November. Potomac Distribution shows them in stock, but at full MSRP. CSI still has them as Pre-Order. ☹ This delay in being in stock at CSI is messing up my Dungeon Crawler storage experiment/plans; not to mention it is holding up my Dice Masters and Pokemon order.angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Jones
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
Authvoarex, Black Dragon of Death
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered a Caseling Extra Large Hard Case from amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WFJJREO/ref=oh_aui_deta...

It should do nicely for storing all the cards I have so far, and any expansions/scenario packs to come.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jey Legarie
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a pretty sweet looking case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.