4 Posts

Shadowrun: Crossfire» Forums » Rules

Subject: Total Noob Question about Remington Roomsweeper rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Trotta
msg tools
Hi all,

Just got SR:CF last week and making my way through my first games. Lots of fun so far and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

One basic question has been bugging me and I can't seem to find the answer anywhere (so apologize in advance if this has already been discussed a gah-zillion times).

The Remington Roomsweeper applies one colorless and one black damage to each obstacle (or boss) facing one runner. Now, if I have two obstacles facing my runner and can use that damage for the first is it possible at all to use it for the second if that obstacle requires, say, one green, one red and then one colorless and one black? ie can I apply the colorless and black damage out of sequence? I thought all damage had to be applied the order given on the card.

I'm guessing no, the only reason I am asking explicitly is that it seems roomsweeper is very limited - I can't imagine that I could apply the same type of damage to two obstacles that require that damage in that order so that the extra ability on the card is usually wasted. Then again, I haven't played the game that much so maybe I'm wrong about that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best,

Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your interpretation is correct.

Once you have placed all cards against relevant obstacles, the damage is then effectively in a 'pool' of damage and you don't have to respect the order of the cards.

Similar to your example, you have an obstacle which was "gun"->"mana"->"1" you could use the Remington roomsweeper and a basic mana cards to clear the three levels.

The only restriction is you cannot split the damage of a card between different obstacles (unless explicitly stated, like on the roomsweeper).

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Trotta
msg tools
Thanks for the quick response - it makes sense, it's good to get some confirmation about how it works.

Thanks again,

Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Davis
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
babblecraft wrote:
I can't imagine that I could apply the same type of damage to two obstacles that require that damage in that order

And just to reiterate b/c this is super, super important: You determine the order in which damage is assigned, not the card. (It sounds like you thought the damage has to be applied in the order it's listed on the card. It doesn't.)

Example:
You're facing Out of Ammo and Deckhead (which has already take 2 levels worth of damage). You play the Roomsweeper, and then something that does 2 points of damage to Out of Ammo.

Against Out of Ammo you can apply the damage as Black, then colorless.
Against Deckhead you can apply the damage as colorless, then Black.

And as Joseph said, if you were facing something like Fire Adept (3 Gray, Blue, Black) you could use the gray from the Roomsweeper against the 1st level, another card to do the blue, and the Roomsweeper's black to finish it off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.