Subject: Thoughts after my first play through (with suggested variants) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bleicher
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4ndrew wrote:
It seems possible to scupper yourself by using your last tokens/discs to build a city. Without any tokens you cannot make babies (to make more tokens) or perform an action other than "Have an idea". Unless I missed something, this is game breaking.

Well, since such situation couldn't happen for a player by an action of someone else, the only way it could happen was if the player is willing to cause it. I don't think something qualifies as "game breaking" when it is about a player doing something that very obviously would remove him from the game.

Having said all that, yes, the "last three hexes" rule (which is what prevents actual game breaking) may be annoying for some. I just don't know how much, as I've never seen someone using the "turtling strategy" throughout the game successfully...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4ndrew wrote:
Yes I agree, it would be self inflicted. But I managed it without immediately realising the consequences in my first game blush. Fortunately, I was permitted to reverse the move and do something else instead.

Experience is the best teacher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.