Popular Tags: [View All]
David Bush
United States
Radiant
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The svg format is scalable vector graphics, which many websites use to display 2-D illustrations such as charts or even game positions. You can create such images with Inkscape for example.

I can see how allowing users to upload such images to BGG could be a hassle to say the least. No more large, small, medium size display. The image would display at the full resolution available in whatever size box you put it in on the page. This might conceivably make the user's task easier when creating a post or editing a wiki page, to let the viewer see the images to maximum effect regardless of what device they are viewing it on. To really use such images effectively, the user might want more control over how the page displays than the admins are willing to provide.

I'm just curious if there are any future plans that might allow user uploads of svg images in some limited fashion. Or is it available already and I missed it?

TIA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.