Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mark horneff
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I dont really have a problem with the current dice. However having played with the JLA dice game and see that SW Destiny has the same dice, i would to see a set of Runebound Dice manufactored the same way. They have a good heft to them and would retain the same graphics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the stickered dice, and I'd also be interested in buying dice like the OP is describing.

The dice in Justice League are all 2-color, right? I think that some new graphic design would have to happen before these could be made, because the existing images would be a muddled mess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't have a problem with the current dice, why plead for new dice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dreux Barbier
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My stickers are starting to peel off. a corner here and there, every time I play. I wouldn't mind just being about to buy a second set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpoDaddy wrote:

I like dice. I don't mind spending money on dice.

I'll also probably buy a new boardgame this year, even though I like a boardgame that I already own. Crazy, I know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
YES! This is exactly what this game needs right now, from the consumer and business point of view! Priority one, over more content and replayability. Time for 3rd 2.0 edition. With iPad app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jdludlow wrote:
SpoDaddy wrote:

I like dice. I don't mind spending money on dice.

I'll also probably buy a new boardgame this year, even though I like a boardgame that I already own. Crazy, I know.

Right, because buying new boardgames is identical to buying duplicates of a game component you already own and have no problem with. Sarcasm is fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Paella
United States
East Aurora
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I haven't seen the "JLA" dice but I would definitely purchase engraved Runebound dice. I don't like the stickers and I'm not fond of the art on them, they are very noisy and tricky to comprehend at quick glance.

Simple terrain symbols would suffice; green tree for forest, etc..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghorro wrote:
I haven't seen the "JLA" dice but I would definitely purchase engraved Runebound dice. I don't like the stickers and I'm not fond of the art on them, they are very noisy and tricky to comprehend at quick glance.

Simple terrain symbols would suffice; green tree for forest, etc..

The dice in question would look exactly the same, but the design would be permanently fused to the surface in plastic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a virus in every Runebound 3e box that causes extreme OCD about the game's components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rouse
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not OCD. The stickers sometimes don't stay on well, which is a problem. It would be nice to have it as an option, and that option wouldn't hurt anyone who is fine with stickered dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't seen any problems with the dice, but a tiny dab of glue should keep the stickers on forever. I'd rather the developers focus resources on creating new content for the game than on alternative dice, alternatives to the tokens/sleeves for the tokens, a 100% recycled paper instruction manual, a gluten free board, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
msg tools
mbmbmb
SpoDaddy wrote:
I haven't seen any problems with the dice, but a tiny dab of glue should keep the stickers on forever. I'd rather the developers focus resources on creating new content for the game than on alternative dice, alternatives to the tokens/sleeves for the tokens, a 100% recycled paper instruction manual, a gluten free board, etc.

The flaw is that you assume that the same exact handful of people work on every part of the product. It is unlikely that the "developers" responsible for game content would be focused on auxiliary components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XeyneGaming wrote:
SpoDaddy wrote:

The flaw is that you assume that the same exact handful of people work on every part of the product. It is unlikely that the "developers" responsible for game content would be focused on auxiliary components.

Companies have limited resources; how much of them should they deploy on non-issues?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD Snider
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpoDaddy wrote:
XeyneGaming wrote:
SpoDaddy wrote:

Companies have limited resources; how much of them should they deploy on non-issues?

I hardly think making better dice would have any significant effect on FFG's resources. Particularly since they produce custom etched dice for many of their other games. And considering what FFG are charging for their stuff nowadays I don't blame people for wanting absolutely top notch components all round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.