Popular Tags: [View All]
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I'm in the market for a new "Feldian" euro, and these two have percolated to the top. I know they're dissimilar in many respects, but could use some advice from anybody that knows them both.

From watching reviews, I'd assume Nippon was both heavier and longer. It certainly looks fiddlier, and with a longer set-up time (loads of little tokens to seed across the board). That said, I see the play time is actually less for Nippon (60 -120) vs RR (90 -120).

I've skimmed both videos Rahdo has on offer, though I've definitely put more obsessive research time into Russian Railroads (thematically, it sits at odds with my interests). Nippon looks less abstract in some ways, and thematically resonates, but I worry it will be too cumbersome to bring out, save special occasions.

Also, in almost all the images I've seen of Nippon's components they look very thin (like the board is just think sheets of paper). Are they pretty cheap? Maybe these were prototype components, but the prevalence of the images in my experience demands I inquire.

Thanks one and all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.