Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Noakes
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

Loving the game and working through a full solo play of Pax Gallicia. Getting comfortable with the flowcharts (I think--I may be fooling myself!) but not entirely sure how to proceed with this one. I've scoured the forums here (this was especially useful:NP Belgae and 'Impetuosity'.)

The 2nd Winter card has just been turned up, so we're in Frost. BelgaeBot has decided to play the event. Bottled up in its last territory, he's built up an impressive army. Free March from an Event trumps the rule against marching, and the special instructions say that he'll march against the faction with the highest victory margin--in this case, Rome. There are four options; two of them are against forts and will involve a fairly hard counter-attack; all leave Ambiorix considerably weakened. (Were it not about to become Winter, a problem for the Belgae leader, though his Winter Campaign capability will probably help him recover).

So: how to decide the target? As all four targets are equally valid, according to the above thread, it then follow the flowchart--> By the flowchart, they can take control of two of them: Britannia or Sugambri. Is it just a die roll to decide between them? At which point all twelve hidden warbands charge in, slaughter the romans and seize control. (I assume the group can't split between locations as it specifically says "1 group".

Actually, in writing this, I think I've figured it out. It seems they'd take Sugumbri--as there's an ally there to kill. Though Belgian locations take priority, 12 warbands isn't enough to take control, so they favour where they can--of the two, the one with an ally to kill takes priority. If Britannia had an ally, then it would come down to a die roll.

Is that correct?

A picture, I'm sure, would make this much easier!:

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Weloi Avala wrote:
Hello!

Loving the game and working through a full solo play of Pax Gallicia. Getting comfortable with the flowcharts (I think--I may be fooling myself!) but not entirely sure how to proceed with this one. I've scoured the forums here (this was especially useful:NP Belgae and 'Impetuosity'.)

The 2nd Winter card has just been turned up, so we're in Frost. BelgaeBot has decided to play the event. Bottled up in its last territory, he's built up an impressive army. Free March from an Event trumps the rule against marching, and the special instructions say that he'll march against the faction with the highest victory margin--in this case, Rome. There are four options; two of them are against forts and will involve a fairly hard counter-attack; all leave Ambiorix considerably weakened. (Were it not about to become Winter, a problem for the Belgae leader, though his Winter Campaign capability will probably help him recover).

So: how to decide the target? As all four targets are equally valid, according to the above thread, it then follow the flowchart--> By the flowchart, they can take control of two of them: Britannia or Sugambri. Is it just a die roll to decide between them? At which point all twelve hidden warbands charge in, slaughter the romans and seize control. (I assume the group can't split between locations as it specifically says "1 group".

Actually, in writing this, I think I've figured it out. It seems they'd take Sugumbri--as there's an ally there to kill. Though Belgian locations take priority, 12 warbands isn't enough to take control, so they favour where they can--of the two, the one with an ally to kill takes priority. If Britannia had an ally, then it would come down to a die roll.

Is that correct?

A picture, I'm sure, would make this much easier!:

Cheers!
Aren't the 12 warbands enough to take control of Nervi (I think that's what the rightmost Belgae region is anyways) since there's already one warband there and only 12 other pieces?

I don't have the flowchart in front of me to double check it unfortunately so I can't say if they will battle there or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.