Hide
16 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: I’m a very bad person. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pablito A
msg tools
I took my friend's Risk game and spritzed a little catnip oil in each of the bags of playing pieces. I guess his monthly Risk tournament didn’t go so well yesterday. But... two of his three cats were really interested and excited to join in. Or so I'm told.

I have bought him a brand new game but he still hates me.

Oops….devil

"Friends my come and friends may go; but enemies accumulate."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Schmidt
Canada
Strasbourg
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He sure got nipped in the butt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith B
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Easy solution: get rid of the cats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Get off my lawn wrote:
I took my friend's Risk game and spritzed a little catnip oil in each of the bags of playing pieces. I guess his monthly Risk tournament didn’t go so well yesterday. But... two of his three cats were really interested and excited to join in. Or so I'm told.

Oops….
Yeah, that just seems pointlessly mean. You inconvenienced a number of other people and created a sub-par gaming experience for them to what end? So you could chuckle a bit?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablito A
msg tools
Thunkd wrote:
Get off my lawn wrote:

Oops….
Yeah, that just seems pointlessly mean. You inconvenienced a number of other people and created a sub-par gaming experience for them to what end? So you could chuckle a bit?

Considering we've been pulling jokes on each other for nigh on ten years. I think he understands. He'll get me back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
This type of action reminds me of when I beat my brothers during a game of Monopoly and one of them threw a pen so hard that it exploded and left a mark on the wood floors in that room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
10/₆
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Sometimes, the dark side overcomes what Lincoln called the better angels of our nature"
mb
Thunkd wrote:
Get off my lawn wrote:

Oops….
Yeah, that just seems pointlessly mean.

No doubt. Getting people to play through an entire game of Risk is pointlessly mean.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Thunkd wrote:
Get off my lawn wrote:

Oops….
Yeah, that just seems pointlessly mean.

No doubt. Getting people to play through an entire game of Risk is pointlessly mean.
I bow to your superior logic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Monthly Risk tournament?

Pete (has to imagine they thanked you for providing some variety)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
plezercruz wrote:
Monthly Risk tournament?

Risk is specifically requested and is played at most of the game nights at $work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clearclaw wrote:
plezercruz wrote:
Monthly Risk tournament?

Risk is specifically requested and is played at most of the game nights at $work.
But a tournament? As in multiple games back to back? Every month?

Pete (is usually in for a game of Diplomacy but has played his last Diplomacy tournament)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb
...and this event wasn't even filmed for YouTube?!
BTW: I won't loan you any games, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Holidays! ABCDEFGHIJK MNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
"I’m a very bad person."

Points for self-awareness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harv Veerman
Netherlands
Zoetermeer
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"I'm a very bad sad person."

FTFY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
plezercruz wrote:
Pete (is usually in for a game of Diplomacy but has played his last Diplomacy tournament)

I live near Edi Birsan and Andy Hull (multiple world champ and current(?)West Coast champ). AFAIK both play multiple Diplomacy tournaments each year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cris Whetstone
msg tools
Get off my lawn wrote:

Oops….devil

"Friends my come and friends may go; but enemies accumulate."

laugh

Hilarious. Just picturing the cats repeatedly getting up on the table and batting pieces is making me lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.