Subject: Different card size in expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
EDG
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I dunno about anyone else's copy, but most of the cards in my Outer Planets expansion are slightly larger (by about a millimetre) than the cards from the base game.

I haven't actually got around to playing the game yet, but if there's a situation where they have to be shuffled together in a full game then that could be a problem.

Does anyone else have that issue?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
Santa Cruz Mts.
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no situation where they need to be shuffled together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EDG
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Also, I feel I must say that the boxes for LE and the OP expansion are terrible! The artwork is brilliant but the boxes themselves feel rather flimsy and I really don't like the hinge lids and that you have to rip one side of the artwork to get in. I could just about cram the OP expansion into the LE box (if I packed it in a very specific way) but it wouldn't close properly, and the calculation pads certainly won't fit.

So I ended up putting everything into a bigger (29cm x 18cm x 6.6 cm), sturdier box that could comfortably fit everything. Please consider better, bigger packaging if it gets reprinted!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
Santa Cruz Mts.
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm right there with you on the boxes. At this scale, these are the best we can afford. As soon as we can afford something better, I'll be happy to announce it on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baron von Doom
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found the boxes satisfyingly unique.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Bedz
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Baron von Doom wrote:
I found the boxes satisfyingly unique.

For me box fits perfectly to picture on it - looks like some vintage/retro game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.