Popular Tags: [View All]
matthew mclaughlin
United States
Kingston
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Anyone find this yet?

I've been to several Targets and have gotten the same answer from each: it's on the truck, can't get it for me yet, come back next week.

I worked for Target while I was in high school, and this was like the standard answer I gave for everything that wasn't on the shelf, haha, so I'm not mad at the employees at all.

But when I went to the Target facebook page, I saw that people from all over the US were getting the same responses - and that Target is not allowing online sales at this time.

So what's going on? I wonder if there's been a delay in shipping to stores, or not enough product to go around. Or is it a hoax?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Johns
United States
Huntersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I walked into Target Sunday morning, 07/31, went to the toy isle, picked up my copy of the 10 or so that were on the shelf, paid and left. No issues in North Carolina near Charlotte. It's a cute game, but dang near impossible to win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Patuxent River
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try the TARGET stock checker and put in your ZIP code
http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=087-10-291...

I got a copy at the local TARGET a few days ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Schwieger
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in Oregon, but it looks like I'd have to drive 65 miles to go to the one store in the state stocking it. I'm guessing the wagon carrying all the copies westward broke an axle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scottish Zombie
msg tools
Ordered mine yesterday and picked it up today. Keene, NH.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matthew mclaughlin
United States
Kingston
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
You folks are lucky!

So it's tough to beat - which is how it should be! Is it as fun as we remember the computer game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
McGuire
United States
flag msg tools
yep - picked it up on Friday and I think it was put out early on mistake. I have a review up on youtube and submitted it to the page here as well but waiting for approval until its live on this site. you can find it on youtube though (theMCGuiRE review) - just search The Oregon trail card game and I am one of the only ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked up in Target today near Houston, TX.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pan da
msg tools
mb
I checked 3 stores locally, none had it. The online locator just gives me an error so I can't check stock that way (same for TTR Junior and Machi Koro). I really want this game so I guess it's time to get eBay scalped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth, the same store I bought mine at today...did not have them out 2 days ago (Saturday). So, they are still being deployed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pan da
msg tools
mb
But I just paid 159.99$ on eBay!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natasha T
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked it up in Green Bay, WI earlier today... I called ahead and they put one up at the front desk for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Geyer
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
I looked online on my lunch break and saw stores in cities north and south of me had them but our city didn't. Called both of them after work and they didn't have any in stock. I'm in SE Wisconsin. Got some story about a Christmas reset happening in the toy department so they had no idea when they might have them in stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hit three local targets. Went home, checked the locator to say a forth had it in stock. Called them, went there, three were left. I have a copy now.

The first two targets I asked had it listed as being on... tranfer? I think? It didn't make sense to me, where would they be transferred to? But the second store had pulled all of them to be shipped and the first one said it was on a pallet they couldn't pull from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Johnston
United States
North Liberty
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got one here in Iowa City, Iowa. Only one left on the shelf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Briarcliff Manor
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered online. Free shipping and 10% off with a promo code. Arriving Wednesday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Johnston
United States
North Liberty
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ohbalto wrote:
I ordered online. Free shipping and 10% off with a promo code. Arriving Wednesday.

When I went online it would not allow me to add it to my cart, it said in store pickup only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Bond
United States
Gulfport
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hawkeyept wrote:
ohbalto wrote:

When I went online it would not allow me to add it to my cart, it said in store pickup only.

Same here when I tried. Closest Target to me is at least a hour away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pan da
msg tools
mb
sublimestars wrote:
I called ahead and they put one up at the front desk for me.

I was leaving my 4th Target when I refreshed and saw this, and I want to thank you for reminding me that my phone has a Dialer app. I called the only couple remaining locations I was previously going to drive to, but both were sold out like the rest.

However, the link from ol_bubba (thx!) worked when even the Target site wouldn't. These uncouth rapscallions I live with in Dayton snatched all the available copies around here, but the Target truck didn't make it to Cincinnati on time or something so they won't hit the shelves in many area locations until at least Wednesday (or so I was told by one location showing a high stock).

So, people of Cincinnati, please either buy me a copy and ship it (your expense) or GeekMail me before checking out and if I've already found a copy I will grant approval for your purchase.

hawkeyept wrote:
ohbalto wrote:

Samezies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Currens
msg tools
I checked this morning, and it is available for $12.99 and orderable online from Target.com. You still can't pick up at the store...but it is eligible for the free shipping with $25 standard offer.

After going to two Targets yesterday with no luck....I will gladly pay 2.99 to have it magically show up at my door.

jc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Roeland
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Looks like it's sold out online again. No "add to cart" button is visible, only a "only sold in stores" icon.

I went to two Milwaukee, WI area targets. One said the game was released for sale at their store on 7/23 and were sold out. They expected a new shipment next week. The other store said all 8 copies they received were ordered online for in-store pickup and never actually made it to the shelves. They had no idea when more would be available.

I was able to order one off target.com yesterday, while it was still available. Expected delivery is Friday, 8/5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pan da
msg tools
mb
MrBasseyPants wrote:
I checked this morning, and it is available for $12.99 and orderable online from Target.com. You still can't pick up at the store...but it is eligible for the free shipping with $25 standard offer.

After going to two Targets yesterday with no luck....I will gladly pay 2.99 to have it magically show up at my door.

jc

I am still unable to even add it to my cart. It jumps back and forth from 'only sold in stores' to 'this item is out of stock' when the button is actually clickable. I'm starting to think this is some crazy meta game where the game is actually just trying to get the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CP Face
msg tools
I guess I was dead lucky. I was at Target looking for something else and decided to take a pass through the board games on a whim. I'd never heard anything about it before, certainly not that people were having problems finding it, and bought it on impulse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Fetter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our Target says they have it (Employees verified their system says they have it), but the store is doing a major overhaul of the Toy Dept setup... so its sitting in limbo waiting to be sold...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Birdwell
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
The one we went to last night was doing the Toy Overhaul. The one I called 1st said it was sold out. I checked the stock checker and it said they had 10 of them, called they said they were not selling it. I later saw the count go down to 9. I'm going there in person after work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.