$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
40.1% of Goal | left

Support:

Peter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Is anyone able to confirm if the 2nd Edition Storms of Steel will have updated card art/formatting to match the style implemented in AtB 2nd Ed. and Guadalcanal? The current images on the Academy Games site show updated maps and counter art (looking awesome by the way) but show samples of the original cards from 1st edition SoS. Not a deal-breaker I guess, however, it would be nice if the cards were consistent across the releases (and implementing a second edition with updated components seems a good time to do it - bit strange if the cards were left as originally designed).

Cheers,
Peter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not able to confirm it, but wouldn't the cards have to be updated to work with the firefight generator(s)and solo expansion(s)? There's a North front expansion for SOS 2nd in the works I believe. So the old style cards wouldn't work 100% with the new system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm...having looked in further detail on the AG website I see no mention of card updates.

"All New for the 2nd Edition:

We have updated the maps and overlay artwork to be highly detailed and more beautiful than the original!
Storms of Steel 2nd Edition will feature a number of new firefights in addition to classics from the original!
All new counters in addition to new versions of the previous counters!
The box format and tray insert has been updated to match the new style!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are we still on for a September 2016 delivery? I haven't heard anything in months (since I was charged).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Schmalzried
United States
Fuquay Varina
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Reign of Fire
badge
Bombs Away! Mission 9.
mbmbmbmbmb
November was the latest ETA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the focus on "E" for estimate. When it inevitably arrives in January or later don't be surprised.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Renner
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pisqueeter wrote:
With the focus on "E" for estimate. When it inevitably arrives in January or later don't be surprised.

this was my christmas gift in 2015. the pre-order for SOS was made for me in november of 2015 for what was expected to be christmas release

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Renner
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pisqueeter wrote:

www.academygames.com has November 21st listed as their date to start shipping it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that is an estimate and experience with AG indicates estimated ship dates often change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Gambill

Virginia
msg tools
I emailed them yesterday to ask since 11/21/16 was the date I received in the spring when I pre-ordered.

I received a reply that the new target date is March 2017. With the comment, "Our Design and Development Team have come up with some exciting changes! You won't be disappointed!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Frederick
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think I saw somewhere that Uwe said that they are adding a campaign game or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also recently received a March 2017 release date from Academy.

I'm of two minds on this news.

On one hand, I want the game to be the best it can be and having spoken to Uwe at Gencon, I know they have all kinds of great, innovative things in the works for their upcoming games. So, okay. It's probably for the best.

On the other hand, my card was charged in May and I was told Sept 2016 at that time. Then November. Now March. In all three cases, I had to initiate the conversation and I just feel Academy should at least send out an email to those who have already paid that the timeline has been pushed back. A general announcement on something like BGG or their newsletter would be even better.

When dealing with some other companies, say GMT, I don't get charged until the game is six weeks from release and, if there's a delay, I find out about it in their almost-monthly newsletter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Renner
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dumpty wrote:
I also recently received a March 2017 release date from Academy.

I'm of two minds on this news.

On one hand, I want the game to be the best it can be and having spoken to Uwe at Gencon, I know they have all kinds of great, innovative things in the works for their upcoming games. So, okay. It's probably for the best.

On the other hand, my card was charged in May and I was told Sept 2016 at that time. Then November. Now March. In all three cases, I had to initiate the conversation and I just feel Academy should at least send out an email to those who have already paid that the timeline has been pushed back. A general announcement on something like BGG or their newsletter would be even better.

When dealing with some other companies, say GMT, I don't get charged until the game is six weeks from release and, if there's a delay, I find out about it in their almost-monthly newsletter.

Uwe said it hasn't gone to printers yet at BGG.con. It should be there soon. He added and modified the firefight book a bit. They are sweetening the pot for pre-ordered as time goes on at least. It'll be worth the wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.