Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Cooper
United States
Old Bridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I ran my first campaign with a few friends this past weekend. I played the imperial side with them controlling 4 rebels (1 person couldn't make it so the team controlled his hero) only one of the three had played before outside of me teaching them. Today I decided to tell a story of how the mission went leading into the side mission. Enjoy

The rebels were celebrating, I mean why wouldn’t they be? Destroying the galaxies most dangerous weapon and foiling Vaders plan of planetary destruction. It was a huge win all around, and in the midst of the drinks and cheering something didn’t feel right. Diala sensed something was wrong, but she was only a padawan and her lack of training made her second guess this “feeling”. She was not the only one who felt uneasy. Mak watched as Jyn and Gaarkhan pounded back some green liquid and boasted on how they were the best human, rookie duo this side of the galaxy. Thats when Maks scanner buzzed and his “gut” to his chagrin was right. Just because the Deathstar was destroyed their work wasn’t done he thought to himself. His scanner picked up an Imperial signal beacon not far from the rebel base. Mak looks to Diala who is already sensing his fear, without hesitation they grab Jyn and Gaarhkan to silence the beacon as fast as possible

The 4 of them arrive in what looks like a small imperial scouting post and are immediately met by trooper fire, Gaarkhan in a drunk rage charges on ahead, right past the storm troopers to the floating shiny drone. Slamming into it and destroying it which pleases him greatly. The 3 troopers don’t even have time to figure out what just happened when the Imperial officer barks his command at them “close ranks!”. Forming a line the troopers block the other rebels off. Mak raises his gun and targets the center of the formation, 2 shots and the formation is broken. Diala advances forward deflecting trooper fire and putting a trooper down while Jyn in her drunken stooper is not as effective as her wookie counterpart and misses wildly. Gaarkhan still relishing in pop sound the drone made after it exploded looks to see what else he can smash. Targeting the officer next to shut his loud mouth, Gaarkan advances Ax drawn while Diala jumps ahead as the officer is cut down, running through the doorway to the next room Diala knows time is short and they need to silence the beacons. The rebels are to divided and the remaining trooper sprays Jyn and Mak with blaster shots wounding Mak in the process. Jyn seeing her squad member hurt has a “moment of clarity” quickly drawing her pistol and putting one between the eyes of the last trooper. All imperial forces cleared the rebels start to advance forward and just at they thought it was going smooth, red lights flash and an automated voice booms “LOCKDOWN LOCKDOWN” The door in front of Garkhaan slams shut and cuts the 3 of them off from Diala. Diala continues to sprint past the first beacon to the other 2 deeper in the facility. Just as she rounds the corner over her shoulder she sees a trooper manning a mobile turret. Diala lets the other rebels know what awaits them beyond the locked door and then steels herself for the task at hand. Diala approaches one of the two beacons thinking it was going to be simple , thats when 3 storm troopers fill in from the back of the room. Garkhaan and Mak take turns wailing on the door and finally breach it. Jyn slides past them running through trying to dodge the turret fire, while the E-Web is shooting at Jyn, Mak lines up a shot and Gaarkan charges forward attacking the beacon Diala ran past. Diala evading trooper fire again and again destroys one of the beacons, Jyn returns fire to the E-Web destroying it and Mak follows up on Gaarkhans attack to destroy that beacon. With only one beacon left the storm troopers get the order to protect it at all cost, they stop targeting Diala who in her enhanced meditation is easily evading all their attacks and form up around the last beacon. The Rebels all advance together picking off troopers one at a time. The end of the mission is in sight and just as Jyn takes s shot at the last trooper. the alarm stops, the lights stop flashing, the trooper slumps to the floor but they failed, the signal was sent. The rebels stand there in silence, they are an elite squad and they,…failed? Mak checks his scanner and sees Imperial troops are flooding in from all sides “lets go, now” the squad leaves as fast as they can. In the transport back to base Its Jyn who breaks the silence, “We need to figure out what the Imps are up to… I think i know a guy who could help and I just so happen to know he needs a favor”. Mak turns to Jyn “ better than you ?” Jyn smirks “well he did make the kessel run in less then 12 parsecs”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Roop
United States
Mendon
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Aftermath battle report/story
I always enjoy battle reports instead of game statistics. Anyone familiar with the game can interpret the stats, and anyone not familiar that reads the report might be intrigued enough to try the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United States
Old Bridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you 8). I sent this out to the group and they all enjoyed it so I thought why not post and share.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
Fun read, I love stuff like this! I remember the Rebellion forums were full of colorful session reports like this in April.

Well done, and best of luck to the Rebels in their future endeavors!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.