United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kind of a double inquiry here:

1. What is your favorite scenario?

and

2. Would you suggest the scenarios be played in sequence, or does the disjointed, non-campaign structure facilitate jumping around?

For those curious, I ask because...

While awaiting a metric ton of Descent to drop on my doorstep, my girlfriend and I decided to blow the dust off Wrath of Ashardalon this weekend to reassess the dungeon crawlers in our collection. Suffice to say, Wrath has never been near the top of our gaming list -- after our original play of the intro mission over a year past, I banished the title to the darkest deepest closest. However, after several tries at the third scenario ("Roghar's Gear") we found our enjoyment a tad higher than it had been previously (completed with the Wizard and Rogue).

We intend to continue poking Wrath over the years (assuming Mansions of Madness 2E and Road to Legend enabled Descent do not obliterate our memory of it), but we were dismayed to notice Scenario 4 was structurally Scenario 3, but a touch longer and with a randomized goal (established by Chamber cards this time). That felt a bit underwhelming.

Hence this post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolyo Kostov
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The best for me is Adventure 8 - Free the Captives. Very tense, trying to save as many captives as you can. One of the best in the whole DnD System, though I haven't played Legend of Drizzt Scenarios.

2. We played them like a Campaign chronologically but at the end we chose those we liked the most to replay. We played a lot the one with the Random Chamber Ending. Maybe it was the 4th Adventure but I'm not sure I remember correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
Google "Gloom of Kilforth"!
badge
Google "Gloom of Kilforth"!
mbmbmbmbmb
The 3-adventure mini campaign with the Boons is great. Preps you nicely for if you ever want to take on the full final campaign. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.