Subject: 'Activate a Cautious General without paying the 2APs.'?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike F
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

Does anyone know what this new Special Action option means in the updated 'living' rules?:

'Activate a Cautious General without paying the 2APs.'

I can't tell whether it means that the cautious general moves at merely the cost of the Special Action card, or instead that the Special Action Card just allows the general to move at the cost of one Action (in addition to the card). I kind find any clarification.

I'm guessing it's the first thing i.e. full movement for just the cost of the Special Action card? That seems quite powerful because it effectively packages two Actions into one Spicial Action card, which totally trumps expending a Special Action care for one more phase action (which is one of the other options).

Thanks for any pointers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's the first one, yep. Or at least thats how me and opponents always interpreted it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you look at the Q&A (published at the same time as the living rules)? It is VERY clear there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike F
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Weird. I keyword searched the Q&A for 'cautious' and didn't find it. Must have the wrong Q&A.

Thanks, though - you've answered it.

Promise I've almost run out of questions! Great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rigol wrote:
Weird. I keyword searched the Q&A for 'cautious' and didn't find it. Must have the wrong Q&A.

The FAQ link is here:

http://www.gmtgames.com/p-498-the-us-civil-war.aspx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike F
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading them all now. Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rocky mount
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Let's be clear here. Rule 7.7 of the rule book says "They require two Action Points (or one Special Action) if they wish to attack or move into the ZOI of an enemy." Otherwise, it only costs one action point to activate the Cautious General.
The Q&A referenced is not clear as to intention of the move and, unless another change has occurred, that intention is necessary to understand the activation costs required.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.